Tomato Basil Soup

Pretty chill day today. I watched the first disc of Mad Men season 1 and I'm glad to finally be in on the hype surrounding that show. It is really good!

I made a couple really easy dishes today.

Tomato Basil Soup

1 can plum tomatoes
1 tsp garlic
1/2 cup fresh basil, chopped
1/3 cup frozen peas
1 tbsp dried basil
1 tsp 21 Seasoning Powder
1 cup veggie broth
1/2 cup almond milk
1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
1 tsp black pepper

Cut tomatoes and add to a pot along with the tomato juice. Add remaining ingredients, tweak seasonings to taste, and heat through.



I also roasted up a tomato, an Asian eggplant, and two onions. I seasoned with 21 Seasoning Powder and balsamic vinegar. I roasted them at 425 for 30 minutes and thought (what I usually think) - "Couldn't these be more burnt?" So I turned it up to 500 for 15 more minutes. Ahhh slightly burnt onions are so freakin' good.



Do you like burnt food? I'm such a weirdo but I like my roasted veggies extremely roasty and my roommate thinks I'm gross for eating the burnt parts of my food. Heheh I just like it, can't help myself.

Popular posts from this blog

The Dangers And Benefits Of Coffee For Our Health, Facts That We Should Know

Corn Nutritional Value & Health Benefits As Low Calories Source Of Carbohydrate

Some Of Asthma Causes and Symptoms That You Probably Not Know