Proof That I Am Insane; Mushroom Dal

I booked another student film! I'm so excited! The only downside is that it's filming on Halloween so I'll have to scale back my partying and change my costume. I was going to be Machete but now I can't do the requisite fake tattoos so now I don't know what to be.

I've had a very busy week. I had an audition on Monday, two on Tuesday, and one yesterday. I have another tomorrow and one Saturday but I didn't have any today so I did a mailing to casting directors, ran some errands, and finally did some cooking!

I bought this new type of coffee the other day because it was cheap.



It's good, basic dark coffee. But I've been trying to figure out whether you get more for your money if you buy whole bean or pre-ground coffee. Does anyone know??

And now... the proof that I am insane.

My favorite garlic and onion seasoning was on sale for a DOLLAR (it's usually more than $2.50) so I bought out the shelf.



And I went to Target today to buy some gum and off-brand Crystal Light. I like the Target brand best and the strawberry lemonade flavor is my favorite. So I bought a bunch.



You get more for your money with less packaging if you buy the tubs rather than the to-go packets. I just spoon it out and mix it in the glass because I don't have a big pitcher.

Also, a tip -- if you're small enough and you buy your underwear in a bag (and of course you should, undies in a bag is the best), buy them in the girls' section! So much cheaper and you can get some cute prints. =)

For dinner I used up old veggies to make this strange, yet ultimately delicious recipe.

Mushroom Dal

1 cup mushrooms
1/3 cup yellow split peas
1 tsp garlic
1 cup fresh peas, pods sliced up
1/4 cup corn
1/4 cup artichoke hearts
1/2 tsp curry powder
1/2 tsp garam masala
2 cups water

Mix ingredients in a small pot and cook at least an hour until split peas break down and become mushy. Adjust water level for desired texture. Season to taste.



You can use any vegetable, seriously - I added some artichoke hearts in just for fun. And it tastes really good kinda burnt!

Do you buy a lot of a staple if you find it on sale?

What are you dressing up as for Halloween? Any good plans?

Popular posts from this blog

The Dangers And Benefits Of Coffee For Our Health, Facts That We Should Know

Corn Nutritional Value & Health Benefits As Low Calories Source Of Carbohydrate

Some Of Asthma Causes and Symptoms That You Probably Not Know