Peanut Butter Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies




I did it. I created the most delicious cookies this world has ever seen.

I'm invited to a birthday party on Saturday but I don't know the birthday girl that well so I figured I don't need to bring a present. I want to bring something, though, so I decided to bake some cookies. And I'm not even joking, I think I came up with these in a dream last night.

If you read other food blogs, you may have heard of peanut flour. I've seen it at Trader Joe's but never had a need to buy it. But then (in my dream) I had the fantastic idea to make peanut butter cookies using peanut flour instead of peanut butter! And I'm happy to say, you can use peanut flour instead of white or wheat flour in cookie with no adverse effects and extra delicious taste. Peanut flour is just made of peanuts, with most of the fat removed so it'll be a flour and not a butter.



Peanut Butter Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies

1 c peanut flour
1 c oats
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2-1 cup sugar
1/2 cup Earth Balance
1 flax egg
1/2 cup vegan chocolate chips

Mix dry ingredients - flour, oats, and baking soda - in a mixing bowl.
In another, larger bowl, cream together Earth Balance and sugar.
Make flax egg by mixing 1 tbsp ground flax seed with 3 tbsp water. Add to EB and sugar.
Add dry to wet and mix well to form a stiff dough.
Fold in chocolate chips.
Bake at 375 for 12-15 minutes.

Notes:
Let cookies cool on the sheet so they won't fall apart. They might seem too soft but they'll get harder, so don't overbake and don't be impatient.

If I had been making these for me, I would have used applesauce instead of Earth Balance.

These measurements are not exact. I know baking is supposed to be a strict science or something but I just mix until I get the right texture. You want a thick dough - you may have to smoosh in the chocolate chips with your hands.

To make the dough more liquidy, add a splash of almond milk. To thicken it, add more flour.

These cookies are gluten free if you use GF oats!






Before baking:


Out of the oven:







One of them broke so I had to eat it. It was delicious.



I managed to use up my Earth Balance, sugar, oats, and chocolate chips. The last batch is very chocolaty so I could use them up.









Variation:

Peanut Butter and Jelly Cookies

Leave out some of the EB and replace with jelly. Don't add chocolate chips.





Hopefully everyone will totally dig these cookies. They are really incredible!!

Link:


http://www.fitsugar.com/ESPN-Body-Issue-11423906 A slideshow of naked athletes. I was surprised at how normal they look!

Popular posts from this blog

The Dangers And Benefits Of Coffee For Our Health, Facts That We Should Know

Corn Nutritional Value & Health Benefits As Low Calories Source Of Carbohydrate

Some Of Asthma Causes and Symptoms That You Probably Not Know