Buff Up Week 9 Recap

Wow, what a busy week! I am loving my improv class but it's been weird having a schedule! I've been doing my weight workout first thing in the morning and fitting in my cardio later in the day after my improv class.

This recap will be very brief -- despite a very busy week, I'm happy with keeping up my healthy habits. I'm still fitting in my workouts and I am really enjoying the mini-meals that I announced last week I'd be trying. I think it helps me control portion size if I know that I get to eat again soon!

Thursday:
Weights/strength: triceps, deltoids, chest
Rest day from cardio

Friday:
40 minute jog
Weights/strength: upper back, hamstrings, obliques
stretching

Saturday:
60 minute hike at Runyon Canyon
Weights/strength: quads, glutes, abs
stretching

Sunday:
30 minute bike
Rest day from weights
stretching

I've had something to do in the evening every day. On Thursday I went to a Miss California party with one of my roommates, who is interning for a company that works with the Miss USA program.


That's Miss California and Miss Teen California. It was a weird party -- everyone was just walking around, trying to figure out who was important. It was really boring and we left after just a couple hours!

On Friday I stayed in to prep for an early audition on Saturday morning. My audition went great! It was really fun. On Saturday night I went to a friend's birthday party and did not go to two Memorial Day parties I was invited to. I just didn't have the desire to go to all of them.

Food Diary (Sunday):
1) Tofu jerky
2) Green smoothie
3) Baked beans with broccoli
4) Pumpkin pudding
5) Tofu jerky
6) A few pieces fresh pineapple

I made more dehydrator tofu jerky, but this time I froze and thawed the tofu and sliced it thinner. I think next time I will not freeze it and try slicing it even thinner. I'm surprised at how little tofu shrinks while dehydrating. But the end result was delicious!



I also made a big green smoothie today using my new Sun Warrior protein powder.



I can't even believe how much kale I packed in there. I used about half a bunch of kale (stalks and all) - maybe four cups, plus a handful of spinach, 1/3 cup broccoli, a banana, a scoop of Sun Warrior, a little of my green stevia, a teaspoon of spirulina, some cinnamon, a couple pieces frozen mango and raspberries, and water. Despite all that green it was seriously delicious!


SO MUCH GREEN.



It made all this:

Plus a little more.


I'm also trying sprouting some lima beans, just out of curiosity. We'll see how it goes!


How was your weekend?

Do you like doing mini-meals? Do you find that it helps you with portion size, or does it just result in eating more?

Popular posts from this blog

The Dangers And Benefits Of Coffee For Our Health, Facts That We Should Know

Corn Nutritional Value & Health Benefits As Low Calories Source Of Carbohydrate

Some Of Asthma Causes and Symptoms That You Probably Not Know