Salad Chop-a-ganza

I'm back in LA. I flew back on Saturday and luckily it was pretty uneventful. I did make an 11-year-old friend on my first flight. And I packed myself two identical salads, one for lunch and one for dinner:


Salad leftovers topped with torn-up Field Roast deli slices and Parm!

On Sunday I went to the farmers' market and Trader Joe's and got a huge amount of fresh fruits and veggies. Then Mom and I skyped for three hours while chopping! It does take some time to make big salads but now I should have enough salad to tide me over for a while.


Here's my loot -- red peppers, zucchini, grapes, an apple, cherry tomatoes, pluots (plum/apricots) broccoli, kale, a cantaloupe, almond milk, strawberries, mixed greens, fresh mint and basil, onions, corn, a pineapple, a grapefruit, TJ's chickenless strips, veggie ground beef, and wasabi peas (to spice up salads). I spent about $25 in each place.

My first fruit salad of the week - strawberries, cantaloupe, grapes, and pluots.


Yummm.

I made this salad for my dinner:


There's all the veggies I bought -- mixed greens, onions, kale, tomatoes, red pepper, mint, basil, and zucchini. On top I added a few TJ's Chickenless strips, some veggie ground "beef," edamame, and a few wasabi peas to add intrigue. Topped off with a little fat-free balsamic vinegar, this salad was delicious and fueled me for a night of birthday partying. It was my friend's birthday and I planned him a little party at his house. He finally got to try beer pong for the first time:


I wore my new skirt!


$6. Te amo, Plato's Closet. Target t-shirt and Vera Wang for Kohl's (vegan) sandals. And that lovely lady next to me in this picture is a vegan (and an actress), too!

And I will leave you with an adorable picture of my dad and baby brother, both of whom I will miss. One of baby brother's favorite things to say now is, "I love water!"

Popular posts from this blog

The Dangers And Benefits Of Coffee For Our Health, Facts That We Should Know

Corn Nutritional Value & Health Benefits As Low Calories Source Of Carbohydrate

Some Of Asthma Causes and Symptoms That You Probably Not Know