Brunch at Euphoria Loves Rawvolution

I had a good, salad-filled weekend. I read a post on Healthy Happy Life where the author, Kathy, said she lives a salad-a-day lifestyle. I really like that. Not only do I like salad, but I like the idea of living a lifestyle where I eat salad every day. That reminds me of a passage I read in Raw Food for Real People that talked about how the author learned to quit smoking. Instead of asking if he wanted to have a cigarette, which he could rationalize as being "just one," he asked himself if he wanted to be someone who smokes. And he did not. This mindset can be applied to anything -- maybe I want to eat brownies at midnight, but do I want to be someone who eats brownies at midnight? No, I do not. I want to be the kind of person who exercises every day and eats salad.

I made myself kind of a "vanilla milkshake" this weekend out of almond milk, a little bit of date paste, vanilla powder, and maca. It was good and I liked how frothy it looked after a little time in the blender.

I used my favorite Kokopelli mug!


I also just had to take a picture of this huge, strange-looking strawberry I ate.



One thing I love about drinking smoothies is that they are a receptacle for extra produce. I cut the green tops off my strawberries and then put them in a smoothie. Whenever I have to peel something for a recipe, like a zucchini, I save the peel and put it in my next smoothie. Yay for extra greens and fiber and less waste!

Yesterday (Sunday) I went to brunch with a vegan women's meetup. It was so much fun and I got to meet some very interesting people. We met at Euphoria Loves Rawvolution, a raw vegan cafe in Santa Monica. I got the Sea Dragon Roll, a nori roll with greens, seaweed, and coconut jerky. It was super good.



From what I heard, it seemed like everyone liked their food. After brunch I went on a walk on the beach. Tons of people were out, sunbathing and even swimming in the ocean. I just love it! It's only March and yet it's summer.

Here's a strange plant I saw while walking yesterday. I'd never seen anything like it, so I had to take a picture.



Last night for dinner I made more Pad Thai because I LOVE it. I also had some green Caesar salad. I took the Caesar salad dressing from the Raw Food Revolution Diet and added some spirulina. It does change the taste a bit and also made the dressing bright green.





I also bought a spiral slicer last night, which is really cool. Now I'll be able to make zucchini pasta! I found someone on Craigslist selling her slicer for $15. I e-mailed her and it turns out she lives just a couple blocks away from me so I went over last night and bought it! She was really nice and she also gave me a few raw falafel that she made. I love meeting new nice people!! I haven't tried the falafel yet, but I'll eat them at dinner tonight. Along with some salad. =)

Popular posts from this blog

The Dangers And Benefits Of Coffee For Our Health, Facts That We Should Know

Corn Nutritional Value & Health Benefits As Low Calories Source Of Carbohydrate

Some Of Asthma Causes and Symptoms That You Probably Not Know