Continental Drift: Cagematch Champions!

My job and general lifestyle doesn't have a consistent schedule, but I've fallen into a bit of a routine recently. Here's a little taste of my general schedule over the last three weeks.

Mondays: Go to Harold Night at UCB!
Tuesday: Internship at UCB
Wednesday: Improv 401 class, then practice with my team Badge Patrol

I have a couple hours between class and practice, so I've been walking to Whole Foods and getting some veggies from the salad bar as my special Wednesday treat. :) If you're careful with your purchases, you can get a good dinner for $3-$5.

Spicy cauliflower and peas!

Ratatouille put on top of salad. Who cares


Three weeks in a row. Mmmm that Indian-style cabbage and peas was delicious. I wish I could eat all my meals at Whole Foods.

Thursday: I've been going to the 11th Hour improv show pretty consistently, and they've been having some great shows. A couple weeks ago Donald Glover (from Community) showed up as a surprise guest and put on a great show with his team Derrick Comedy.

Last week I also went to a SAG Screening of The Descendants. George Clooney himself was there for the Q&A afterwards! The movie is getting a lot of great reviews but I felt somewhat mixed about it... I just felt it was inconsistent. I was also spoiled by recently seeing Beginners, which is a masterpiece.

Friday: Morning is practice with my improv team Pistol Whippersnappers. And then for the last three weeks in the evening I've had Cagematch with my team Continental Drift! More on that in a moment.

Saturday: This week and last week I interned for UCB, even though Saturday isn't my usual day. I also auditioned for a sketch team. I didn't make it, but it was a good motivator for me to work more on my sketches.

Sunday: Continental Drift practice and probably another improv show.

My daytime hours change, but that's when I run all my errands, apply for acting jobs, etc. I've been writing a lot in my free time. Last week in one night I wrote two sketches and an entire re-write of the movie I'm working on. I stayed up until 8:30 AM because I couldn't go to bed until I finished it!

Now, back to my exciting Continental Drift news. We are the current champions of the iO West Friday night Cagematch! We've won three weeks in a row. What happens is two improv teams do 20-minute sets, and then the audience votes who they thought won. The winning team gets to come back and compete again the next week! It's so fun and my friends have been amazing about coming out and supporting us. Continental Drift actually had three shows this week -- at iO on Monday night, Cagematch on Friday night, and at Dangerfield's II on Sunday night.


Here we are after winning our first Cagematch!


After our second victory!


Third victory.

We'll be back this Friday at 7:30! Wish us luck. =)


I hope that everyone has a good Thanksgiving, and I hope you won't be celebrating over a carcass. Tofurky is surprisingly good, guys! Check out last year's Thanksgiving post for some great vegan recipes. I'm thankful for improv, winning, LA, my family, my friends, the Whole Foods salad bar, my new apartment, the internet, sweatshirts, and everyone who reads this blog!

Popular posts from this blog

The Dangers And Benefits Of Coffee For Our Health, Facts That We Should Know

Corn Nutritional Value & Health Benefits As Low Calories Source Of Carbohydrate

Some Of Asthma Causes and Symptoms That You Probably Not Know