First Continental Drift Improv Show!

Can you guess what I did this week? If you guessed improv, producing, working on set, and going to networking events, you would be right!

Monday? PA on set, Tweetup.

Tuesday and Wednesday, PA during the day, improv maniac by night.

Thursday I went to a couple of networking events and did various fascinating budget-related producing work.

On Friday I had my first show with my improv team, Continental Drift! If you're in LA, like us on Facebook and come to our next show. :)


We had a 30-minute slot, which is very long for an improv show, but it was fun and it never felt like it dragged. An amazing, supportive friend of mine came and took pictures. Thank you!

That pictures is of me being a very short person at a basketball tryout, BTW.


And this is me mediating a speed date in a very intimidating way. Because people will fall in LOVE at my speed-dating sessions, damn it!

Performing is so fun. I do wonder how serious my mental problems are that I feel such a need for lots of people to look at and pay attention to me.

On Saturday had the great fortune to see a screening of TREE OF LIFE, Terrence Malick's latest film. I have to write a whole review, but I want to write a very spoilery review. So I'll probably make it its own post and put warnings all over it, but I'm going to wait for my mom to see it. Consider this my ringing endorsement -- if you get a chance to see The Tree of Life, do it. It's amazing. And if you haven't seen any Malick films, please do. Set aside some time and really pay attention and just lose yourself in it. My favorite is The New World. Go. Now. Gooooo

This week has mostly consisted of going to improv shows and practices and working on the budget for the film. I actually pulled an all-nighter last night because I was on a ROLL, just doing math for eight straight hours. If math-phobic little kid me knew how much math I do now, she would be amaaaazed and horrified.

Today I had my first UCB 401 class from 3-6! Yeah guys, I'm a senior! I had practice with my group Badge Patrol at 8:30 nearby, so I just walked to Whole Foods and ate salad bar and read my Complete Film Production Handbook to kill time in between. Yes, I'm fascinating.


Dinner -- half of the salad bar offerings plus ratatouille from the hot bar. Five bucks. I would rather eat dinner at Whole Foods than any restaurant.

In an addendum to last week's NEWS -- I got the apartment I applied for! I'm moving at the end of the month. It's a very small studio, but it will be MINE ALL MINE! Look at my cute kitchen!


And this flower-covered sidewalk outside!


I'd love to show y'alls more but... safety, y'know. I will tell you that it's a German-style Fachwerk house, and it's cute and old-fashioned. I was born in a German apartment and I'm excited to live in one again!

POW POW! LIVE IT UP! BYAAH!!!

BTW I've been watching a lot of Breaking Bad and it is super good.




Popular posts from this blog

The Dangers And Benefits Of Coffee For Our Health, Facts That We Should Know

Corn Nutritional Value & Health Benefits As Low Calories Source Of Carbohydrate

Some Of Asthma Causes and Symptoms That You Probably Not Know