Quinoa Salad and My Busy Life

On Friday night a (vegan) friend of mine hosted a potluck with about ten friends. I wanted to bring something tasty but also healthy that I would want to eat if I got stuck with leftovers, so I made a big quinoa salad! And then I kept a lot of it for me. =)

I just cooked up some quinoa and added a can of chickpeas, a red onion, a few carrots, a few cucumbers, and a miso seasoning. I used this cool stuff I found at Gelsons the other day:


It makes instant miso soup but also works great as a sauce. I also added spicy mustard and rice wine vinegar.




I ate quinoa salad leftovers on lettuce and spinach for the next couple days. Yum.



On Monday I started my improv 201 classes! I'm loving them already. My day was jam-packed and I was out of the house from 10 AM to 11:30 PM. I brought an apple, a grapefruit, and some edamame to eat throughout the day. After my improv class I went over to an actor friend's house where we've started a little cold reading class of our own just for practice. I went to Whole Foods for dinner and got some salad bar stuff:


That's a grilled peach, some kale, and broccoli. There are random couscous and tabbouli things under there.

Then I went to The Actors Network to see Donal Logue speak -- I loved Terriers and he had a great perspective on acting. Then I went to UCB for the 9:30 show. So maybe you can see why I haven't been great about blogging this week!

Yesterday I had improv class again. Parking is always really difficult but I impressed the heck out of myself by fitting into a small parallel parking space. I'm terrible at parallel parking and spacial reasoning in general so I was really proud of myself. So proud that I took a picture.


Wednesday is our day off from improv class but I have a bunch of other stuff to do, including going to The Actors Network to see Glenn Morshauer -- he's the actor who played Aaron on 24. Cool!

Popular posts from this blog

The Dangers And Benefits Of Coffee For Our Health, Facts That We Should Know

Corn Nutritional Value & Health Benefits As Low Calories Source Of Carbohydrate

Some Of Asthma Causes and Symptoms That You Probably Not Know