Indiana and the Owlery

Lovely day in Bloomington today. But it was cold -- I had to wear three shirts! I walked to and around campus, went to my mom's class, and then a panel with the 9/11 Commission for the 10-year anniversary, where they talked about how America is different now and how many of their recommendations have been heeded. It was remarkable to see a bipartisan commission work together so well, and I only wish we had more of that type of bipartisanship in Washington.

Mom and I walked around downtown and Kirkwood and then to a new vegan restaurant in Bloomington called the Owlery. It was great! Can you believe that Bloomington has a vegan restaurant? They do offer the option of dairy cheese on some items, so they aren't 100% vegan, though all menu items are vegan by default.


I got the seitan skewers with a side of collard greens. It was delicious, with a great teriyaki flavor.


My step-dad enjoyed his "fried chicken," my mom really liked her dill tempeh, and my friend loved the pierogies. I tried a bite and I would definitely recommend them. We got plantains as an appetizer, and they were delicious. Prices are definitely cheaper than in LA, but the food was just as good. If you're in Bloomington, check out the Owlery! They make a great addition to Bloomington's other favorite vegan options, Roots on the square and the hot bar at Bloomingfoods.

After dinner we went and saw Rise of the Planet of the Apes! I haven't seen a movie in forever, so I was very excited. I really liked the movie, and it will definitely make you think twice about supporting animal testing. I would love to see video of Andy Serkis' performance pre-CGI transformation into Caesar the ape -- I find the idea of a human playing a primate character extremely fascinating.

I'm catching up on HBO (Entourage and Game of Thrones). It feels great to have cable!

Popular posts from this blog

The Dangers And Benefits Of Coffee For Our Health, Facts That We Should Know

Corn Nutritional Value & Health Benefits As Low Calories Source Of Carbohydrate

Some Of Asthma Causes and Symptoms That You Probably Not Know