Deconstructed Moong Bean Soup

I am really proud of my recipe today, even though it is incredibly simple. I am sure other people have done this before, but I feel like I invented it. So I'll just continue to pretend I did.

I finished off my big bag of moong beans.


I started out by making some moong bean soup with dry beans, frozen corn and artichoke hearts, kale stalks, carrots, and garam masala, kind of based off my Indian-Spiced Yellow Split Pea Soup.

Then after I ate it all, I wished I could make more but I was out of most of the ingredients. So I created this super-awesome recipe that I shall call "deconstructed soup."


Deconstructed Moong Bean Soup

Soup:
Dried moong beans
Water
Seasoned salt
Optional -- garlic, curry powder, garam masala

Raw spinach
Raw broccoli and cauliflower

Nutritional yeast

Cook moong beans until soft, about an hour. Cook longer than you think you should -- they'll get cooked, but then add more water and keep cooking so they really break down and get creamy.

Make a bed of spinach and raw broccoli and cauliflower. Spoon some hot soup on top and sprinkle nutritional yeast.


I actually watered down the soup when I took this picture but I liked it better when it was thicker. I also tried it with cold soup but it tastes better when the soup is hot.


In other news, I cleaned my apartment today and my room is so clean it's weird. Then I went to dinner with my relatives and... they invited me to go to Disneyland with them! I'm so excited! They got a kid's suite with bunk beds and I'm going to stay in the hotel with them on Thursday night and have a sleepover with my 14-year-old cousin. It has been a while since I had a sleepover and I am psyched. heeheehehehehehehehe

Also, I have a cool new raw snack in the dehydrator right now that I'll be bringing with me to Disney and I'll post about soon.

Links:

OUT

Popular posts from this blog

The Dangers And Benefits Of Coffee For Our Health, Facts That We Should Know

Corn Nutritional Value & Health Benefits As Low Calories Source Of Carbohydrate

Some Of Asthma Causes and Symptoms That You Probably Not Know