Family, Food, and Kansas City Nostalgia

On Tuesday I had a doctor's appointment, with a blood test I had to fast for. So I was hungry afterwards! I went to HuHot Mongolian Grill with my mom and step-dad. My stir-fry had tons of veggies, some tofu, and ginger broth with a little sweet and sour sauce. I went back for more spinach and bamboo shoots. I love bamboo!


In the evening we went to downtown Lawrence, even though it was HOT outside. We went to the Wild Man vintage store to peruse and my mom gasped audibly when she found a shirt from her old elementary school that was demolished in the eighties. Clearly we bought it, and I am going to wear it.

We met up with my dad, etc. at Chipotle. I got a burrito bowl. I always get the same thing -- I say, "Vegetarian burrito bowl with a tiny bit of rice, black beans, fajita veggies, pico de gallo, some corn salsa, a tiny bit of guacamole, and as much lettuce as you'll give me."

And I got to sit next to the cutest dining partner.


My brothers held hands outside. So cute.


On Wednesday we went for a little tour of my mom's old life growing up in Kansas City, which included taking pictures of ourselves in front of a few houses where she used to live. My step-dad was totally embarrassed!


For lunch we actually went back to Chipotle, and I ordered the exact same thing. It's an easy place to go because we all know we'll like it.

In the afternoon we met up with my cousins at the Oak Park Mall.


Family photo! My cousin, my mom, my brother, my other cousin, me, and my cousin's baby.

We came home and Mom and I made a huuuge salad. Fresh greens, parsley, basil, zucchini, cucumber, tomatoes, onions, and lightly steamed kale, broccoli, and asparagus. All topped with a Boca Chik Patty!



We finished up the evening with me forcing everyone to watch my short films! Mwahahaha.


Popular posts from this blog

The Dangers And Benefits Of Coffee For Our Health, Facts That We Should Know

Corn Nutritional Value & Health Benefits As Low Calories Source Of Carbohydrate

Some Of Asthma Causes and Symptoms That You Probably Not Know