Foam Rolling!

I bought a foam roller!

It's bigger than I thought it would be.


That's my shoe for reference. No, it's not a tiny shoe next to a regular-sized foam stick. It is a normal-sized shoe next to a huge foam stick.

I started foam rolling today. Here's an article with an overview of some ways to roll: http://www.t-nation.com/readArticle.do?id=475832

I was focusing on that hamstring/butt muscle I pulled last month and wow, some weird things are going on in there. I don't know what exactly, but it is crunchy and painful and gross.

My last few days have been great! Thursday was so busy I actually did not fit in a workout. =( Oh well, ya gotta have rest days. I had improv class, then an audition, and then went to a couple shows at UCB in the evening - How to Live with Chelsea Peretti, with Sarah Silverman as a special guest, and an improv show. Both shows were hilarious! I am so obsessed with UCB now.

On Friday I had my last day of class and then went to Abbot Kinney First Fridays in Venice last night. It's this big outside festival where stores stay open late, a bunch of food trucks populate the street, and hippies are everywhere! I actually saw four celebrities, making that seven celebrities I've seen in two days. Hahah. I'm always mystified by people who live in LA and say they've never seen anyone famous. I see them all the time! But I don't like saying who I saw because then I feel like I'm invading their privacy by posting about where they go. But I will say that UCB is a great place to see comedians - that should be obvious.

Today I finally got time to do a long workout and do a lot of actor admin work. You know, the fun stuff.

Exercise:

Thursday:
Rest day

Friday:
Weights/strength: triceps, biceps, overhead press
20 minutes dance
20 minutes bike

Saturday:
Weights/strength: hamstrings, quads, obliques, abs
60 minutes bike
10 minutes shadowboxing

Food Today...
1. Corn chowder
2. Big bowl of broccoli slaw w/ nooch
3. Pumpkin pudding with Sun Warrior protein powder
4. Corn chowder with broccoli slaw and cauliflower
5. 1 serving edamame
6. Chocolate almond milk

Small meals rock because you get to eat frequently! :)

Tomorrow (Sunday) is a BIG day - I have a cool audition in the morning and then I have my graduation show for my improv class! Eeeek! I hope it goes well!

Popular posts from this blog

The Dangers And Benefits Of Coffee For Our Health, Facts That We Should Know

Corn Nutritional Value & Health Benefits As Low Calories Source Of Carbohydrate

Some Of Asthma Causes and Symptoms That You Probably Not Know