Dehydrator Tofu Jerky

I've been out of the house so often that I want to make more easily transportable snacks. I love jerky so I decided to try making some tofu jerky in my dehydrator!

I bought a few packages of tofu at TJ's:

Sliced them up and coated them with Bragg's, ketchup, garlic powder, paprika, and a little apple cider vinegar.



I let them marinate for about an hour and then dehydrated them for about eight hours.


They taste delicious! But next time I'm going to slice it thinner (I didn't know how much it would shrink down - not that much, actually) and try and make it BBQ flavored. What it really tastes like, actually, is fried tofu. I would definitely recommend dehydrating your tofu instead of frying it!

Exercise:
Morning: 10 minutes bike, 10 minute danceathon
weights/strength: hamstrings, obliques
Evening: 20 minutes bike
weights/strength: shadow boxing, glutes

Food Diary:
Breakfast: Cracklin' Oat Bran with almond milk
Lunch: Corn chowder
Dinner: Yesterday's split pea soup with broccoli slaw, broccoli, and nutritional yeast; 5 pieces tofu jerky

I had a good actor day today. My meeting went well and tonight I wrote postcards updating casting directors I've met about my SAG membership. And I watched the adorable movie The Umbrellas of Cherbourg -- it was Catherine Deneuve's breakout role, the male lead is totally hot, and every line of dialogue is sung! I recommend it.

Popular posts from this blog

The Dangers And Benefits Of Coffee For Our Health, Facts That We Should Know

Corn Nutritional Value & Health Benefits As Low Calories Source Of Carbohydrate

Some Of Asthma Causes and Symptoms That You Probably Not Know