Taste Adventure Soups

My love for soup is well-documented. But you may have been wondering just how I have managed to eat so much corn chowder and lentil soup lately. Well today the secret is revealed.

I've written about my favorite bulk soups before, and last time I was at Nature Mart I checked the brand. I looked it up on the internet to see if I could find a store closer to me, and discovered instead that I could save money by buying in bulk from the Taste Adventure website. So I bought ten pounds of each! It cost about $32 for 10 pounds.



That's a lot of soup.

Here is the nutrition information:

Sweet Corn Chowder
Precooked yellow peas, sweet corn, carrots, onions, sea salt, black pepper, parsley
(2/3 cup dry mix) = 1 serving
190 calories
1 g. fat
470 mg sodium
35 g carbs
5 g fiber
7 g sugar
13 g protein
25% vitamin A
4% vitamin C
4% Calcium
10% Iron


Curry Lentil Soup
Pre-cooked lentils, sea salt, curry spices and herbs, onions, garlic
(2/3 cup dry mix)
210 calories
1 g fat
620 mg sodium
36 g carbs
19 g fiber
4 g sugar
17 g protein
8% Vitamin A
6% Vitamin C
4% Calcium
35% Iron

You add about equal parts water and soup mix, so your actual serving sizes will be bigger.

You can see, they have very simple ingredient lists, low fat (you don't need oil in a dry mix!), and are very high in protein and fiber. They look like this when prepared according to the directions:


But I fill mine full with veggies so they look more like this:

Food Diary:
Breakfast: 2 servings edamame
Lunch: 1 Dr. Praeger's patty, 2 cups pumpkin with peanut flour and stevia
Dinner: lentil soup with broccoli slaw, broccoli, cauliflower, spinach, and nutritional yeast

Exercise:
Morning:
Weights - inner/outer thighs, abs, lower back
25 minutes bike

Evening:
20 minute walk/jog/sprint
20 minute bike
stretching

On my walk/jog/sprint I did a lot of the exercises I see basketball players do where they shuffle sideways, and then I would flip around and run backwards, then flip around and run forwards, then shuffle sideways, etc. I probably looked a little crazy but it was fun.

Besides that today, I spent a few hours researching and writing an article for a new website (it's a paying job! Yay!) and I went to Trader Joe's to buy some supplies for tomorrow. I have to get up at 5:30 and I'll be on set all day. Everyone else will be surviving off of Red Vines and pizza so I'm bringing my own food!

Popular posts from this blog

The Dangers And Benefits Of Coffee For Our Health, Facts That We Should Know

Corn Nutritional Value & Health Benefits As Low Calories Source Of Carbohydrate

Some Of Asthma Causes and Symptoms That You Probably Not Know