Buff Up Week 4 Recap

Four weeks ago I said I wanted to get buff. Then I charted my progress after one week, two weeks, and three weeks. Now it's been four weeks!

This week was a challenge because I was in Kansas and because I pulled a muscle. I've been really careful with it -- resting, icing, and using a heating pad. It's feeling better so I know I'm on the right track, but it did put a damper on my workouts. I didn't get back to doing a little cardio until Saturday, and before that it had been since Tuesday. But I did keep up my upper body and abs workouts, using heavier weights because that's what my dad has.

I did pretty well with eating, though I've definitely been eating more fruit and less protein than I usually do and I don't think that's best for me.

Back to food and exercise diaries -

Exercise:
Weights - triceps, upper back, lower back, abs, shoulders
20 minutes elliptical

Food Diary:
Breakfast: Fruit salad
Lunch: Broccoli with Amy's spanish red bean and rice soup, broccoli with split pea soup and artichokes
Snack: fruit salad
Dinner: Asparagus; big salad with red leaf lettuce, tomatoes, cucumber, carrots, mustard, and balsamic vinegar

I also chased my brother around in a big circle in the kitchen for 15 minutes until he was absolutely exhausted. And we danced to his bongo music! His toy bongos play different songs but he plays the Native American one over and over again. He knows what he likes.

Tomorrow I'm headed back to LA. I am ready for some warmer weather, but I'll miss my family!

Popular posts from this blog

The Dangers And Benefits Of Coffee For Our Health, Facts That We Should Know

Corn Nutritional Value & Health Benefits As Low Calories Source Of Carbohydrate

Some Of Asthma Causes and Symptoms That You Probably Not Know