Buff Up Week 3 Recap

OK -- three weeks ago I said I wanted to get buff. Coincidentally, that post has become my #2 most popular post! I shared my feelings after one week and the results I started seeing and feeling after two weeks.

After one week, I could feel new definition in my biceps. Last week, I could see some. This week, I definitely do!

Last week:

This week:

Hells yeah, right? Can you see that?

That shadow underneath my bicep is an entirely new development of the last couple weeks.

Last week, right arm (I can tell by my freckle!):

This week:

Yes, it looks weird to take a picture in front of a mirror. But can't you see a difference in just a week? I can.

I'm not bicep-obsessed or anything, but it's the easiest muscle to take a picture of.

Last week I said I could see more definition in my legs and I would say I see more this week, too. I'm just starting to see some definition between my quadricep and inner thigh muscle, which I have never seen on myself. I even see more definition in my calves, which have always been very strong.

Muscly calves.


Something very exciting -- I'm starting to see some definition in my shoulders and triceps! I feel like I have been working on that for years and I can never see a change. I can't wait until I look strong without flexing.



Do you know how hard it is to take a picture of your own back? That's the best I could do.

I did take a couple other pictures of my outfit, so we can have something besides me flexing...

Keeping it simple for the hot weather. Yellow Target dress, red moccasins I've had forever.


And this sexy Nine West hat that gets me a lot of stares.




I did a ton of pushups the day before yesterday, and I'm still sore all over my upper back, chest, and where my arms meet my torso. Whatever those muscles are. I did different kinds of pushups, too -- regular, knee, and diamond. The plank probably targeted those muscles, too. So they're still wiped!

My inner thighs are still sore, too. So today was another pretty light day for strength -- I want to make sure I'm getting enough recovery.

Exercise:
Morning:
25 minutes bike
stretching

Evening:
10 minutes bike
20 minutes jog/run/whatever
Weights/strength: obliques, triceps, lower back
stretching


Food Diary:
Breakfast: Veggie bowl - lentils, broccoli slaw, broccoli, cauliflower, spinach, nooch
Lunch: 1 Dr. Praeger's patty, 1.5 servings edamame, coffee with almond milk
Dinner: 1 serving TJ's chickenless strips; pumpkin with peanut flour and stevia

Wow, I was going to share some more reflections but I feel like this post has gotten long enough.

I will say, though, that I am having fun and feeling great. This is the first time I've started a new fitness plan that was more about the exercise than the diet. Sure, I'm eating healthy, but I haven't really changed the way I eat from usual -- I'm just eating when I'm hungry and choosing good foods that I enjoy. I don't really crave "unhealthy" foods, anyways. And I really do love broccoli.

I'm not at the point where I want to tweak what I'm doing or decide whether I'm getting the results I want. I'm still looking at this an experiment and I have no idea what will happen after six or twelve weeks... but I can't wait to find out!

Popular posts from this blog

The Dangers And Benefits Of Coffee For Our Health, Facts That We Should Know

Corn Nutritional Value & Health Benefits As Low Calories Source Of Carbohydrate

Some Of Asthma Causes and Symptoms That You Probably Not Know