LaLa's Argentine Grill

On Friday we went to Venice Beach to see the interesting characters in that area. We were even blatantly offered pot -- while we were walking down the sidewalk, a guy asked, "Hey, you guys need some pot?" Doesn't get anymore clear than that, does it? I also ran into a friend of mine from high school who was out here on spring break. I had no idea he would be here, and we just happened to pass each other on the sidewalk! We went to a sandwich place that surprisingly had nary a vegan option. Not one. I was surprised, because there aren't many restaurants in LA with absolutely nothing to eat. Luckily, I wasn't really hungry.

For dinner we went to LaLa's Argentine Grill. We wanted a somewhat nice restaurant where my brother would be forced to put on actual pants instead of athletic shorts, but we didn't want to spend a ton of money. There are a couple LaLa's in LA - one on Melrose and one in Studio City, so we walked there. It did take over 20 minutes, and they were a little annoyed at me that I made them walk and might have underestimated how long it would take. I underestimate how long everything takes.

I got the veggie plate made with no butter. That included grilled veggies, rice, salad, and even mashed potatoes, made with no dairy! Amazing! And delicious, and $9. Not bad for relatively fancy dining.


Sorry for the bad picture -- it was very dark.

We had planned on trying to hit up an 18+ club but we didn't want to pay the $20/person cover so we just stayed in and watched The Scorpion King, which we have seen so many times that we know all the lines and everything. The Rock is amazing (and super hot) in it. We loooove the Mummy movies and the Scorpion King is a spin-off that is amazing in its own right. And I love that it has absolutely no desire to be historically accurate in any way.

On Saturday I took them to Du-Par's for pie (I didn't have any) then I had to drive them to LAX. Very sad. Luckily, I had an audition right afterwards so I had something to do besides sit on my couch and cry. Heheh.

My food obsession of the last two days has been veggie bowls of soup, broccoli slaw, broccoli, cauliflower, sprouts, nooch, and cilantro. So good.


On Sunday I played a prostitute in a play reading. I didn't take any pictures, but I did dress very slutty and people were surprised that I was wearing my own clothes. Haha! Who knew I had such a versatile wardrobe?

My mom has been in Croatia and Hungary for work for the past week and got back today but I haven't gotten to talk to her yet. I can't wait to Skype with her tomorrow and hear about it!

Have you been to Venice beach? Do you like the hippies, or do they creep you out?
Have you seen The Scorpion King? I don't even need to ask if you think it's awesome, because if you've seen it then you know it IS.

Popular posts from this blog

The Dangers And Benefits Of Coffee For Our Health, Facts That We Should Know

Corn Nutritional Value & Health Benefits As Low Calories Source Of Carbohydrate

Some Of Asthma Causes and Symptoms That You Probably Not Know