Cinnamon Pumpkin Milk; Quadriceps Exercises

I had acting class today, then spent the rest of the day enjoying the sunny 80-degree weather. I'm in love! This evening I've spent some time researching and writing an article for a new potential writing job.

Food Diary
Breakfast: 1 cup corn chowder w/ broccoli slaw and cauliflower
Snack: 1 serving Dal Mix
Lunch: 1 bowl Cracklin' Oat Bran with almond milk
Dinner: Steamed veggie bowl with broccoli slaw, broccoli, cauliflower, spinach, tomatoes, sprouts, nutritional yeast

My hips, shoulders, triceps, and back are sore from yoga yesterday. All those good balancing muscles!

Workout:
45 minutes bike
stretching
Weights/strength: quads, calves, biceps, chest, abs
Walking - 30-45 minutes? I didn't bring a watch or my phone.

Yesterday I mentioned I had a half cup almond milk for a snack. I actually had pumpkin cinnamon almond milk, but I was too lazy to upload the pictures onto the computer. I buy the big cans of Libby's pumpkin, and then store it in glass jars in the fridge. I haven't had a problem with it going moldy or anything because I manage to crank through it pretty fast if I'm in the mood. Then when the pumpkin level gets pretty low, I pour in some almond milk, dump in some cinnamon, and sweeten with a bit of stevia and shake vigorously!



Voila. Dude, this stuff is almost like egg nog. It's quite tasty.

I have a LOT of sore muscles today. It feels great! But one area I have a hard time getting sore is my quadriceps (the front of my legs). I loved using the leg press and extension machines at the gym but at home I've just been doing lunges, plies, and Pilates moves. Still, I can't seem to get them sore like my hamstrings (whoo boy!). Do you have a favorite exercise for the quads that you would recommend?

Popular posts from this blog

The Dangers And Benefits Of Coffee For Our Health, Facts That We Should Know

Corn Nutritional Value & Health Benefits As Low Calories Source Of Carbohydrate

Some Of Asthma Causes and Symptoms That You Probably Not Know