Smoothie to Go

I knew I was going to be gone for most of the day today so I made myself a big smoothie to serve as breakfast/lunch. I worked out in the morning and then (after showering, etc.) headed to Power Group from 12:30 to 2:30 -- that's my monthly meeting at The Actors Network where we go over our career accomplishments for the past month and goals for the next month. I drank part one of my smoothie on the way there and part two afterwards. I had an audition at 4:30 for a short film. It went well! I felt good about it.



The smoothie has:
5 kale stalks and about 1 cup kale
1 cup frozen mango chunks
1 cup frozen strawberries
1/3 cup frozen blueberries
1/3 cup frozen cranberries
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp spirulina
Maybe 3 cups of water?

It was still pretty thick even though I felt like I added a ton of water.

Tip: If you have a low-powered blender or you just want blending to go a little faster, prep your smoothie first thing, then go get ready. Come back and blend it right before you eat breakfast or take it to go. That way your frozen fruit will have thawed enough to make it blend easily.

It perfectly filled two jars.


I'm such a good recycler. =)

I packed my smoothie in my cute lunch bag:


Along with some coffee.


I'm keeping this post short and sweet because my first contribution for Chic Vegan is posting at 7:30 Pacific time tomorrow morning so I'll be back pretty soon to throw up a link.

I'm writing my post about Egypt and I'll post it for Wednesday -- I don't want to take away from the Chic Vegan fabulousness.

I hope you're having a good start to your week!

Popular posts from this blog

The Dangers And Benefits Of Coffee For Our Health, Facts That We Should Know

Corn Nutritional Value & Health Benefits As Low Calories Source Of Carbohydrate

Some Of Asthma Causes and Symptoms That You Probably Not Know