Merry Superbowl; On Being a Weirdo Magnet

On Friday I went to acting class and in the evening I hung out with a new actor friend at her apartment in Santa Monica. It was really fun and we had some real girl time. We ordered Italian food from Rosti, a nearby restaurant that has an entire vegan menu. I ordered the roasted vegetable salad for pickup but once we got back I realized... they put cheese on it! I was very sad so I called them and they apologized and send a delivery guy with another one for free. I tipped him but besides that it didn't cramp my evening.


Terrible blurry picture.

On Saturday I went to acting class again (fourth time this week!) and in the evening went out to a bar with my friends, where I got hit on by all the weirdest dudes there. And exclusively the weirdest dudes. I am totally a weirdo magnet, and I have no idea why. First, a man who appeared to be homeless asked me to dance (I politely declined). Later, a Hungarian wearing a suit (in a sports bar, mind you) attempted to twirl me around and talked to me until I managed to escape. Someone tries to twirl me around every time I dance at a bar. I don't know how to swingdance, ballroom dance, or tango and I don't know why it looks like I do. Lastly was a guy who appeared to be about 35 and hit on me despite saying he thought I was probably there with a fake ID. He was a "jazz hands" kind of actor and tried to impress me with the fact that he's a recurring extra on House (not impressive in the slightest) and gave me a lecture on acting. At least he told me several times that I'm pretty. And at last call, one guy who had been sitting near me came by and gave me a fist bump and told me he loved my personality. I'm assuming that's because he saw me dancing like a crazy person. I'm not including him in the weirdos, though, that's just incidental. I like compliments. =)

Am I a weirdo magnet, or do weirdos talk to everyone? And how come normal guys never hit on me? I have not been asked on a date... pretty much ever. Every guy I've ever dated, I first approached.

Today I slept in late and worked out while catching up with the Daily Show and Colbert Report, then headed to my friends' house for the Superbowl. It was definitely a Pittsburgh crowd and Antwaan Randle El played for IU so I rooted for the Steelers. Sad.

My friends are so awesome because they always have vegan food. I ate broccoli, carrots, hummus, and guacamole.


See the black and gold napkins?

And I had a cole slaw salad with rice wine vinegar that they made, making sure to keep it vegan. So nice. It did have oil, which I don't normally eat, but they were so nice to make it so I dealt.


Their 3-year-old daughter played in her new inflatable bouncy house that was her Christmas present. I had to take a picture. How cool is this thing?


After the Superbowl, Glee, and a couple hours of debating the future of the entertainment industry and the actors' unions, I went home. My lovely hosts packed me a bag of food that they insisted I take because my friend's dad is visiting and apparently loves grocery shopping and buys everything in triplicate. At least I brought them some chocolate peanut butter Newman-O's in trade.


Grapes, salsa, pineapple, broccoli, and cauliflower!


Plus an orange and grapefruits from their backyard trees. California is cool.

Tomorrow I'm going to my Power Group at The Actors Network and then I have an audition!

I have some good posts coming up this week that I'm excited about -- a couple good recipes, plus I'm going to write about the Egypt situation and the recent movements in Congress trying to redefine rape and cut funding for Planned Parenthood. It's gonna get controversial up in hurr.

How was your weekend? Did you watch the Superbowl? Are you a weirdo magnet when you go to bars?

Popular posts from this blog

The Dangers And Benefits Of Coffee For Our Health, Facts That We Should Know

Corn Nutritional Value & Health Benefits As Low Calories Source Of Carbohydrate

Some Of Asthma Causes and Symptoms That You Probably Not Know