Green Hummus

I got new headshots taken today, and I was going to do a Fashion Friday based off them but I found out I won't get the photos until Monday so I'll just postpone and do a recipe post instead!

It's a big day in Egypt -- Hosni Mubarak stepped down! Now we'll see how much change actually happens and how democratic the military will be. If you're interested in a "Cliff's Notes" version of the Egyptian revolution (like Lynn said in her comment), check out my blog post!

I've been eating very high raw the past few days, with tons of green smoothies and some salads. For something new I made a half-raw hummus. I like zucchini hummus but raw chickpeas are gross so I cooked the chickpeas. I will warn you, though -- this hummus does taste "green." It's healthy-tasting, not oily and restaurant-y.

Green Hummus

1/2 cup chickpeas
2 small zucchini, sliced
2 tsp garlic
5 sundried tomatoes
1/2 raw tomato
1/2 tsp spirulina
2 tbsp lemon juice
1/2 tsp paprika
1/4 tsp seasoned salt
1 tsp onion flakes

Process chickpeas and zucchini, add seasonings to flavor. Add tahini if you wish. Don't skip the lemon juice, it really makes it!

Use as a dip for raw veggies or eat on salad. I mixed some with salsa and used it as a salad dressing.


(this is only one zucchini)



Besides the hummus it's been lots of green smoothies with tons of kale, frozen berries and mango, spirulina, cinnamon, and fresh strawberries. There was a "Valentine's Sale" on fresh strawberries at Ralphs and I got a couple packages for $2.50 each. You can throw entire strawberries in, tops and all. Just blend well!






Tonight I'm going to a Hollywood Hoosiers event at a bar and tomorrow I have a workshop and acting class. Have a good weekend!

Popular posts from this blog

The Dangers And Benefits Of Coffee For Our Health, Facts That We Should Know

Corn Nutritional Value & Health Benefits As Low Calories Source Of Carbohydrate

Some Of Asthma Causes and Symptoms That You Probably Not Know