Golden Beets and Apples

This is my 171st post, which makes this blog equal in number with the blog I kept while I lived in China. Just something random I noticed today.

My weekend was pretty low-key. Yesterday I had a workshop and acting class, and last night I hung out with some friends in Hollywood. Today I slept in, relaxed, cleaned my room, and caught up on some reading. Chill to the max.

I have an amazing recipe to share today. It's so good, it might just blow your mind.


Golden Beets and Apples

4 golden beets
2 small baking apples (I used a cameo and a pink lady)
1 yellow onion
1 tbsp mustard
1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
1 tbsp gyoza dipping sauce (sub with Asian marinade or smaller amount of soy sauce)
1 tbsp raspberry vinaigrette dressing
1 tsp dried basil

Peel and cut beets. Cut apples and onions into large pieces. Mix together dressing ingredients to taste, thin with a little water if necessary, and coat veggies. Cook in a casserole dish at 350 for 30 minutes, 425 for 15 minutes, and 500 for 15 minutes (don't preheat every time, just turn the temperature up and mix the veggies each time). This slow-roasts the veggies while getting them nice and caramelized. Serve hot or cold.



This recipe is seriously amazing. I ate the whole thing in one day.

Mini Movie Reviews:
I finally saw The Social Network! It really is great and I see now why it's getting so much Oscar buzz. And Andrew Garfield, who plays Eduardo Saverin, is incredible. He'll be playing the new iteration of Spiderman. I hadn't been too excited about that, but now I'm totally sold. I will go out of my way to see Andrew Garfield in the future. And I still have Erica Albright's speech from the beginning of the movie ringing in my ears.

I also saw Into the Wild, based on Jon Krakauer's book that I had to read in English class in high school. I'm feeling kind of haunted by this movie even a couple days later. Emile Hirsch is fantastic and Kristen Stewart has a small role and plays it perfectly. Her specialty is definitely "longing." She's most well-known for Twilight, obviously, but in both Into the Wild and Adventureland she plays a girl who wants someone she can't really have and she's great at that tortured feeling.


Oh, Happy Valentine's Day, if that means anything to you! It really doesn't to me, but my mom would always give us chocolates for Valentine's Day so I will think of those sweet memories. =) Valentine's Day always seemed like random chocolate and reminders from Mom of how much she loves us Day. Easter was like that, too, but with the added bonus of the (plastic) easter egg hunt. So Happy Valentine's Day, Mom! I love you!

Did you do anything fun this weekend? Have you seen The Social Network? What did you think?

Popular posts from this blog

The Dangers And Benefits Of Coffee For Our Health, Facts That We Should Know

Corn Nutritional Value & Health Benefits As Low Calories Source Of Carbohydrate

Some Of Asthma Causes and Symptoms That You Probably Not Know