Disneyland, Vegan-Style

Sorry to miss a couple days of posting -- I was busy enjoying DISNEYLAND!

On Thursday morning I drove to Anaheim to meet my aunt, her husband, and my cousin for some Disney fun. We went to both parks - the Magic Kingdom and California Adventure. We went on the rollercoaster and the Tower of Terror a few times in a row, getting a Fastpass as well as waiting in line.

Tower of Terror:

Our insane rollercoaster picture:

My cousin and I were making our constipated faces. After a while we just made silly faces for each picture.

For lunch on Thursday we went to the Italian restaurant and wine bar on the California Adventure side, where we all happened to get something vegan! My aunt and her husband ordered pasta with broccoli and my cousin got pasta with tomatoes. I got the vegetable salad, which came with lots of grilled veggies, including eggplant and zucchini, and I got the fig balsamic dressing on the side.


It was really delicious!

For dinner that night we ate at the Hyatt restaurant, and I got the veggie burger with onions, mushrooms, mustard, and BBQ sauce (didn't eat the bun) and veggie soup. I didn't take a picture but it was really good.

I spent the night at the hotel and then we went back to Disneyland on Friday. It was cold (in the 50's) and raining so the parks were not very crowded. For lunch I got the famous vegetarian gumbo (it's vegan, don't worry) sold at a little stand in the New Orleans section of the Magic Kingdom.


Oh my dear lord this was amazing. If you go to Disneyland, you MUST eat this. I didn't eat all the bread bowl but it was sourdough and really tasty. And the gumbo itself... wow. It was the kind of meal that made me happy all day long because I kept thinking, "Man, that was tasty!"

For dinner we ate at the hotel again, and I had pretty much the same meal as the night before, but with salad instead of soup.

Overall I was very impressed with Disneyland's vegan offerings. I ate very well, while still staying healthy. I also saw quite a bit of fresh fruit for sale at stands around the park. Yes, there's plenty of crap to be found, but I think Disneyland is making an effort to offer healthy and vegan food and it's very much appreciated.

I had a GREAT time at Disneyland. It was extremely fun. I've been to Disney World several times, and it is way bigger but Disneyland is nice and feels a little less overwhelming than Disney World can. It's a nice day trip for any LA residents (and we get a discount).

Have you been to Disneyland or Disney World? Do you think Disneyland is the happiest place on Earth? I might be convinced...

Popular posts from this blog

The Dangers And Benefits Of Coffee For Our Health, Facts That We Should Know

Corn Nutritional Value & Health Benefits As Low Calories Source Of Carbohydrate

Some Of Asthma Causes and Symptoms That You Probably Not Know