Vegan Caprese Salad; Blog Life vs. Real Life

At Trader Joe's a couple days ago I bought a jar of hearts of palm:


It inspired me to create this vegan "Caprese" salad.

Warning - this recipe is not supposed to taste like Caprese salad, it just looks like it.


Vegan "Caprese" Salad

1 jar hearts of palm, sliced
1 container cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
1/4 cup fresh herbs
2 tbsp Orange Muscat Champagne vinegar
1/2 tsp Bragg's or sea salt
1/4 - 1/2 tsp garlic powder
fresh ground black pepper to taste

Slice your hearts of palm and tomatoes. Rough chop your herbs. Basil would be great, but my basil plant died so I harvested my parsley and mint instead. Mix herbs with remaining ingredients, pour over hearts of palm and tomatoes and mix well to coat. If you wanted to make this more Caprese-like, you could use some marinated tofu or cashew cheese (like the soft "cheeses" Gena makes).


I used this vinegar:
It was perfect but you could use another flavored vinegar, instead, if you don't have it.

For dinner I ate half of this on top of mixed greens.

It really has a great, fresh flavor. I recommend it!

Did anyone notice that my roommate commented on my blog yesterday? I thought that was funny and it also made me start thinking about "blog life" versus real life. I don't hide my blog from people I know, but I don't really tell them about it either. The only person who I think reads my blog is my mom. I don't mention my blog on Facebook, which I use for friends and acting contacts. But I do talk about blogging on Twitter because I use Twitter for three things - acting, friends, and blog networking. I've vaguely thought that I need multiple accounts but that would be kind of crazy. I'll just have to deal with a little confusion!

I also feel a little embarrassed about blogging sometimes. I recognize it can seem like a pretty silly hobby, writing about what you eat or how you exercise or what you wear. But I do enjoy it and I like reading blogs.

How do you feel? If you blog, do your real-life friends and family know about it? Do you ever feel embarrassed about blogging?

Popular posts from this blog

The Dangers And Benefits Of Coffee For Our Health, Facts That We Should Know

Corn Nutritional Value & Health Benefits As Low Calories Source Of Carbohydrate

Some Of Asthma Causes and Symptoms That You Probably Not Know