Wasabi Dijon Quinoa Salad

I'm in Indiana! I took the red-eye on Monday night, got about two hours of sleep, and then stayed up all day to get myself on the new schedule. I went from my 85 degree weather to 8 degrees. Wow, I forgot what it felt like to be this cold.

I hung out with my family all day yesterday. It's so nice to see them again but it's also really weird being back in Indiana. I haven't been back in the year since I moved, but I lived in Bloomington from 2nd grade through college and all but the first four of those years were in the same house. My parents sold their house (they're closing next week) so it's all totally different. It's just weird how everything is familiar and strange at the same time.

Mom and I made a bunch of quinoa salad and roasted vegetables. Quinoa salad is so easy and variable. I think you'll enjoy this recipe.



Wasabi Dijon Quinoa Salad
2 cups cooked or sprouted quinoa
1 yellow pepper, diced
1 red pepper, diced
2 stalks celery, diced
2 tomatoes, diced
1/2 red onion, diced
1 cucumber, diced
1/2 cup fresh mint, finely chopped
1/4 cup soaked pumpkin seeds
1/4 cup Wasabi Dijon dressing
2 tbsp lemon juice
black pepper to taste

Cook your quinoa according to directions or use raw, sprouted quinoa. Let cool and mix with veggies, add pumpkin seeds and season to taste with dressing, lemon juice, and black pepper. This salad will stay good for days and tastes better the next day or after at least a few hours in the fridge, so the flavors can mix.

Of course, you could also use some wasabi and dijon mustard and maybe some agave instead of the Wasabi Dijon dressing.



Isn't that beautiful?



We also roasted up some veggies. Such a staple!



Brussels sprouts, sweet potatoes, cauliflower, and carrots with garlic powder, seasoned salt, black pepper, basil, thyme, and rosemary. Roasted at 450 for 20 minutes, 500 for 10.

We put some Chipotle Parma! on the veggies, it's such an amazing topper for veggies, salads... everything. It's mostly made of walnuts and nutritional yeast (like Rawmesan, that I've discussed before) and it supplies Omega 3's and Vitamin B12. Oh yeah, and it's delicious and adds tons of flavor. :)






Links:
http://www.imnotobsessed.com/2010/12/13/natalie-portman-black-swan-miss-cherie-dior-fragrance-vegan-shoe Natalie Portman is the new face of Dior Miss Cherie perfume, and Dior made her vegan shoes for all the commercials because she refuses to wear leather. Man, I wish fancy brands would make non-leather shoes for the public. I still couldn't afford them but it would be great for awareness. Before I went vegan I really never even thought about the cruelty of leather.

What's the weather like where you are? Indiana is supposedly in for a big snow storm tomorrow and it hasn't been above 15 degrees since I got here. BRRRR!

Popular posts from this blog

The Dangers And Benefits Of Coffee For Our Health, Facts That We Should Know

Corn Nutritional Value & Health Benefits As Low Calories Source Of Carbohydrate

Some Of Asthma Causes and Symptoms That You Probably Not Know