Christmas Brunch: Apple Cinnamon French Toast

Wow, it's been almost a week since I posted! I didn't mean to disappear, but I've had every single moment of my time dominated by family - and I mean that in a good way, of course! Now I'm at my dad's house in Lawrence, Kansas and I'll be here until Friday. I have a lot to share with you but I'm still pressed for time so I'll just share our Christmas morning brunch right now.

On Christmas morning my brother came over and we opened presents first thing! First up was stockings:




My big present was some money towards my Screen Actors Guild union membership. Yay!

We also played with my brother's puppy, Buster.


And then we made and enjoyed brunch. Here I am, with the spread:


French toast, fruit salad, and veggie breakfast sausages. You guys are going to love the french toast recipe, because it was delicious, easy, healthy, and perfect for special occasions!

Apple Cinnamon French Toast

One loaf of bread, sliced - we used wheat sourdough, but anything would work, including baguette

1/2 pack lite silken tofu
1 cup applesauce (we used unsweetened blackberry applesauce)
1 cup almond milk
5 dates (use less if using sweetened almond milk)
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1/2 tsp vanilla extract

Blend all ingredients together (except bread) until you make a thick mixture. Pour into a bowl. Dip each piece of bread in and thoroughly coat, cook on a griddle or in a frying pan until browned. Serve with maple syrup!





Ta da!



Everyone loved the french toast. Who needs eggs?! Nobody, that's right. ;)

We also made a giant fruit salad.




And here's the whole family and our brunch: step-dad, Buster, Mom, brother, and me!



After brunch we went to the movie theater and watched Black Swan. We all loved it, and Natalie Portman deserves the Best Actress Oscar, definitely. I'll probably talk more about this movie later because there are some very interesting messages about health. But suffice it to say, I loved it and found the entire thing fascinating. If you're ready for a dark film with incredible acting that will mess with your mind, go see it!

After the movie we got Chinese food for dinner and hung out at home. Then I went to a friend's house and played the xBox Kinect! It's a video game system that uses your whole body. I think it would be great for kids who spend a lot of time gaming and maybe not enough time moving, because it can be a great workout.

How did you spend your Christmas?

I'll be posting more about our Christmas Eve dinner later, and our 3rd Christmas at my dad's house. But now I need to go hang out with my baby brother!

Popular posts from this blog

The Dangers And Benefits Of Coffee For Our Health, Facts That We Should Know

Corn Nutritional Value & Health Benefits As Low Calories Source Of Carbohydrate

Some Of Asthma Causes and Symptoms That You Probably Not Know