Busy Hometown Week; Pumpkin Bread with Soy Flour

Oh man I have been so busy! I have barely even had a moment to use the computer and keep up with my blog reading, much less my blog writing!

On Wednesday (after blogging) I hung out with my brother and went and saw his new house. He is now watching four dogs - his new puppy, his roommate's new puppy, and my parent's two dogs.



Thursday was my mom and step-dad's 10-year wedding anniversary so we went out to celebrate! We saw The Tourist, the new movie with Angelina Jolie and Johnny Depp. I liked it, most of all because it's absolutely gorgeous. For dinner we went to a Greek restaurant downtown that's a Bloomington institution called The Trojan Horse. Sorry for the terrible picture - I was trying to be inconspicuous - I got a veggie sandwich but subbed hummus for tzaziki. I ate about half and gave the rest to my step-dad. I also got a bite of his falafel sandwich and it was delicious.



Yesterday I went to my old high school to talk to the theater class about what it's like being an actor in LA. It went great and the students were really engaged and interested and asked thoughtful questions. Several of them said they dream of moving to LA, so I think I gave them some good information.

Last night we had a little party so I could see lots of people I haven't seen in a year. It was a blast and I was so glad to see my friends. We kept the party food extremely simple - chips, guacamole, hummus, salsa, broccoli, mushrooms, grapes, and strawberries. But my mom had a couple cans of pumpkin and some soy flour she wanted to use up, so we made some pumpkin bread that was a HUGE hit. My brother estimated that he ate eight pieces.

Pumpkin Bread with Soy Flour
2/3 cup soy flour, sifted
1 cup all-purpose flour, sifted
1/4 tsp baking powder
3/4 tsp baking soda
1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp cloves, ground
1/4 tsp nutmeg, ground
3/4 tsp salt
1/4 cup applesauce
1 cup sugar
2 flax eggs
3/4 cup canned pumpkin
2 tbsp water

Instructions:
Sift and measure soy flour and all-purpose flour.
Measure other dry ingredients except sugar, and sift together with flours. Set aside.
Mix applesauce and sugar, add flax eggs and beat until light. Blend in pumpkin and water.
Add dry ingredients in two portions, blending well after each addition.
Pour batter into a greased 9x5x3 inch loaf pan.
Bake at 350 for 65-70 minutes. Remove immediately and let cool on a wire rack.

Note: Your dough will be super thick. So don't freak out!





The inside was doughy, the outside was crusty... it was amazing.

Popular posts from this blog

The Dangers And Benefits Of Coffee For Our Health, Facts That We Should Know

Corn Nutritional Value & Health Benefits As Low Calories Source Of Carbohydrate

Some Of Asthma Causes and Symptoms That You Probably Not Know