Soup/Stew/Scramble/Dal

It's clear that I've mastered the soup/stew/dal combo from winning recipes like Indian-Spiced Yellow Split Pea Soup, Green and Orange Soup, Indian-Spiced Barley Stew, and Mushroom Dal. But now I've taken it up a notch and I introduce the soup/stew/dal/tofu scramble.

I started with my Eggless Egg Salad from yesterday. I knew I wouldn't be able to finish all the leftovers as is (it made a lot) and I had some other veggies I wanted to make into soup. Then I got this craaazy idea to put in a couple scoops of my eggless salad. Like so:


This was vaguely the recipe:

Eggless Salad Split Pea Soup

1 cup yellow split peas
4 cups water
2 bunches kale stalks
1 bunch carrots and greens
1 onion
1 bunch celery
1 eggplant
1 tbsp mustard
1 tbsp garam masala
1 tsp curry powder
1 cup Eggless Egg Salad

Chop all veggies, cook at least an hour until the correct texture, season to taste and mix in eggless salad.

You can put any veggies in here. Seriously, try it.

It's really good, believe me. I then took it one step further and created something based off of the eggless salad. It made this awesome texture similar to a tofu scramble and you could even make it frittata-ish.

I turned this:

Into this:


Eggless Salad Scramble Stew

2 cups Eggless Egg Salad
1 cup water
10 carrots
1/3 cup yellow split peas
1 cup frozen artichoke hearts
1 cup peas
1 tbsp curry powder
1 cup kale

Simmer ingredients (through peas) together until veggies are soft. Season to taste and add in kale at the last minute, just to wilt. Add less water for a more tofu-scramble-like texture.

I realized something else - you can NOT tell that there is any cauliflower in this, which means you could veggie up your tofu scramble recipes by adding processed cauliflower. I think I'll try it next time!

I really need to invent a new word for my soup/stew/scramble/dal creations. Any suggestions?

Do you LOVE leftovers like I do?

Reading Material:

Popular posts from this blog

The Dangers And Benefits Of Coffee For Our Health, Facts That We Should Know

Corn Nutritional Value & Health Benefits As Low Calories Source Of Carbohydrate

Some Of Asthma Causes and Symptoms That You Probably Not Know