Ich Liebe Sauerkraut and the Santa Monica Co-Op

I've been living off my Curry Veggie Stew for the last couple days and feeling great! It's so good for you it's like injecting vitamins into your bloodstream.

I've had a couple of great actor days! Yesterday I went to a seminar, a talk at The Actors' Network, and a casting director workshop and today I had a meeting with a manager. The manager meeting was in Santa Monica so I went to my favorite grocery store in the world (so far... I'm on a mission), the Santa Monica Co-Op. It's not a huge store but it has an amazing selection with a fantastic bulk section, bulk spices, great produce, a hot bar, pre-made foods, Raw foods, makeup, personal products....

Here's a small selection of bulk items I bought -



Cinnamon, nutritional yeast, garam masala, and sun-dried tomatoes. I also got onion flakes, some vegan jerky bites to keep in my car for emergency food, potatoes, kale, apples, and broccoli. I love that they have spices like garam masala in bulk as well as specialties like vegan jerky.

In general, prices are good. Some prices are slightly more expensive than TJs or Ralphs and some prices, especially produce, are fantastic. I bought potatoes for less than a dollar a pound!



I also bought some sauerkraut! I love sauerkraut and I haven't eaten it in months.



This has:
3 small/medium russet potatoes
3/4 cup sauerkraut
1/2 bunch slightly steamed kale
3 tbsp nutritional yeast
2 tbsp onion flakes



I ate about half of this for dinner. It was delicious!

I did realize, though... most "normal" people eat spaghetti and pizza and if faced with potatoes with sauerkraut and kale would probably be disgusted and horrified.

Do you like sauerkraut? If so, how do you like to eat it?

Popular posts from this blog

The Dangers And Benefits Of Coffee For Our Health, Facts That We Should Know

Corn Nutritional Value & Health Benefits As Low Calories Source Of Carbohydrate

Some Of Asthma Causes and Symptoms That You Probably Not Know