I'm Thankful for the Whole Foods Salad Bar!

I had a nice Thanksgiving. My roommate thought I was lying when I said I didn't want to celebrate and so she thinks I'm crazy/sad/anti-social but really I had a good time. I worked out, caught up on some TV and movies, got some work done, read blogs, and went to Whole Foods for lunch. I watched Fringe and The Office on Hulu and the movies Valley Girl and I Am Love on Netflix instant view. Tilda Swinton learned Italian for I Am Love and is getting Oscar buzz. If you like artsy foreign films, check it out. I also made some postcards to send to acting contacts with this on-set photo from Big Shoes to Fill:



But I like this one, too -



While I was perusing the salad bar at Whole Foods a guy came up and struck up a conversation with me and asked for my number! In case you're worried about my safety, I did not give it to him. But I'll take the ego boost anyway.

This roasted beet and butternut squash dish was both on sale and completely delicious. I'm going to try and recreate it soon.



It had beets, butternut squash, onion, parsley, garlic, dijon mustard, apple juice concentrate, apple cider vinegar, and black pepper.

I got a bunch of stuff from the salad bar:





You can see marinated mushrooms, lentil salad, a veggie medley called "Healthy Mix" or something (of course I had to try that), and I got a couple bites of vegan potato salad. It was so, so, so good.



At the bottom was a roasted fennel and mushroom medley that had some other veggies, as well. I loved the wide variety of mushrooms! Some of them were actually strangely meaty tasting.

I talked to my family and Skyped with my brother's new puppy. He doesn't have a name yet.



So cute, right?!

My mom sent me a couple pictures of their vegan Thanksgiving feast.





So healthy, right!

Links:

http://everydayfoodiecanada.blogspot.com/2010/11/giveaway-announcement.html Giveaway.

http://www.theveganrd.com/2010/11/do-ex-vegans%E2%80%99-stories-make-the-case-against-vegan-diets.html "Do Ex-Vegan's Stories Make the Case Against Veganism?" If you read about the defection of the now former "Voracious Vegan" from veganism, definitely read this thoughtful rebuttal. She doesn't attack Tasha for ceasing to be a vegan but she does refute her erroneous nutritional claims.




How was your Thanksgiving? What did you do?

Popular posts from this blog

The Dangers And Benefits Of Coffee For Our Health, Facts That We Should Know

Corn Nutritional Value & Health Benefits As Low Calories Source Of Carbohydrate

Some Of Asthma Causes and Symptoms That You Probably Not Know