Freakishly Easy Curry Tempeh Loaf

I don't make a lot of tofu or tempeh recipes but for some reason I was just craving some this past week. I picked up a block of tempeh at TJ's and after debating for about four seconds how I wanted to make it, I made what I will now dub the easiest tempeh recipe evaaa.



Curry Tempeh Loaf

1 slab tempeh
2 tbsp ketchup
2 tsp curry powder

Cut tempeh into two servings. Coat one side with ketchup and curry powder. Bake at 350 for 15 minutes. Flip tempeh over. Coat other side with ketchup and curry powder, bake another 15-20 minutes.

Surprisingly, it tastes really good. I got the idea from German Currywurst - it's sausage with ketchup and curry powder, especially popular in Berlin. Then I got really creative and added it into some colcannon.



This would taste amazing with some sauerkraut, but I didn't have any. I had this one amazing meal (pre-vegan) at a German restaurant (a German restaurant in China... but don't let your brain explode) that was mashed potatoes with sauerkraut and bacon all mixed together. This would make a close vegan approximation.

My weekend has been very good and busy. I had three auditions and all three roles and projects were very different, which makes it fun. I went to the Studio City Farmers' Market this morning, but I found the produce a little lackluster. That probably has something to do with the fact that I was late and also that our weather has been crazy unpredictable, swinging between the 80's and the 50's. I plan on stopping in at the Santa Monica farmers' market on Wednesday and we'll see if that's any better.

I took these pictures at the Loyola Marymount campus today. It's so pretty there but I can't seem to effectively capture it on film. Plus I just left my car running on the side of the street and hopped out to take a picture so I was in a bit of a hurry.





Link of the day:
http://ieattrees.com/the-ultimate-uncheese-cookbook-giveaway/ I always see recipes from this (veganlunchbox.blogspot.com has mentioned it several times) and it seems pretty amazing.

How was your weekend??

Popular posts from this blog

The Dangers And Benefits Of Coffee For Our Health, Facts That We Should Know

Corn Nutritional Value & Health Benefits As Low Calories Source Of Carbohydrate

Some Of Asthma Causes and Symptoms That You Probably Not Know