Eggless Egg Salad: Raw/Cooked Combo

Another scorcher today, about 95 degrees. Whoa.

I kind of made this recipe (from Melody of Melomeals by way of Choosing Raw):



Raw Eggless Salad

    3 c cauliflower, pulsed in food processor
    -½ c sunflower seeds soaked for 4 hours, drained then pulsed in food processor
    -1 c diced celery
    -1 c shredded carrots
    -½ c scallions or 2 T diced red onion or shallot
    -½ c nutritional yeast
    -2 t dried sage
    -1 T dried dill
    -1 T dried parsley
    -½ t garlic powder
    -¼ t turmeric
    -4 T tahini
    -4 T yellow mustard
    -2 T Dijon mustard
    -4 T relish
    -1 T chia seeds (or ground flax)
    -1 t black salt (or sea salt)
    -½ -1 t black pepper
    -½ c water

Pulse the cauliflower in processor and set aside in large mixing bowl. Pulse the sunflower seeds, and add to the cauliflower. Add the celery, carrots and scallions and nutritional yeast and spices (not the salt or pepper). In a small bowl add the tahini, mustard, relish, chia seeds, salt and pepper along with ½ c water. Whisk well and pour over the veggies. Taste and adjust seasonings. Allow mixture to chill for an hour before serving. This actually keeps for around 3 days and does not get watery because of the chia seeds.

Makes about 14 1/2 cup servings.

I've made this recipe before, several months ago, and it's delicious. I didn't really make it right this time, though. First up, I tried to be lazy and use my food processor to shred my carrots and celery but it turned them into mush and then made it hard to process up my cauliflower. Oops and I should not be lazy. I also didn't have any tahini or sunflower seeds. I also used too much carrot, which then overwhelmed the amount of cauliflower I had. But I did have a block of tofu I just thawed and I figured I'd use it and make it a combo recipe of typical raw and non-raw vegan eggless egg salad recipes.

Aaaaand that's why it's orange.



Tomorrow I'll show you what I did with the leftovers!

Popular posts from this blog

The Dangers And Benefits Of Coffee For Our Health, Facts That We Should Know

Corn Nutritional Value & Health Benefits As Low Calories Source Of Carbohydrate

Some Of Asthma Causes and Symptoms That You Probably Not Know