Studio City Farmers' Market!

I can't believe I haven't posted since Wednesday! Honestly I've been so busy that I haven't had time to either post nor make any interesting food. I had some brussels sprouts, salad, and lots of soup. And coffee. And seriously, that's it.

Last night I went with some friends to a fancy Italian restaurant called Il Moro. I got the minestrone soup. It was delicious, though overpriced at $8. And definitely vegan, I inquired. I didn't want to bring attention to myself photographing my food so I just snapped a quick camera phone picture.



I've been really busy! On Thursday I had an audition and an acting class. On Friday I had another audition (this one in Chinese) and then I met some new IU friends and went out on the town. On Saturday I finally got to Skype with my mom after not talking to her since Wednesday morning. Then I scooted off to another audition and coffee with my brother from America's Court (so, not my real brother obviously). I brought one of my empty Starbucks coffee bags and got a free cup of coffee! Yay!

Today I went to the Studio City Farmers' Market.


I didn't jump in either of the bouncy houses.

I tried not to get anyone in the foreground of my picture, but there were too many darn people. So, sorry, Farmers' Market lady.

I bought some awesome stuff. Seriously, for about $10 I got all of this - celery, a bag of mixed lettuce and spinach, a bunch of Thai basil, a monster eggplant, a big bunch of lacinato kale, a bunch of chives, a red pepper, and three bunches of carrots (there was a sale, 3 bunches for 5 bucks!). I walked all the way down and compared prices in my head and then walked back and bought the best deals. Plus, everything's organic.



But that's not all! I bought some more plants! I didn't do a great job with my last plants so I bought a few more. They only cost $5 for three plants. The plant guy probably thought I was mentally deficient because I asked so many questions about which plants are hardest to kill and he warned me against cilantro and dill. So I ended up with garlic chives, English mint, and rosemary. And then I came home and planted them and I'm going to try very, very hard to keep them alive.



That's mint, chives, and my old, mostly-dead parsley. It's not totally dead, though, and I'm going to try really hard to resuscitate it. Same with my tomato plant, which I didn't want to embarrass myself by photographing.

And that's my rosemary plant!

After washing off my garden dirt I went to get coffee with a friend from acting class. Tonight I watched the 6th Harry Potter movie with my roommate. I've read all the books but I would get them the day they came out, read them in two days, and then pretty much forget everything I'd read.

I also made a biiig batch of something that I'll show you tomorrow. ;)

LINK:
http://hyperboleandahalf.blogspot.com/2010/06/this-is-why-ill-never-be-adult.html Look at this and laugh. Then read the post about the "alot." http://hyperboleandahalf.blogspot.com/2010/04/alot-is-better-than-you-at-everything.html And laugh. Alot. (yes, that is spelled wrong. You'll get it if you read the post)

Do you shop at the farmers' market? Do you grow plants? Do you have a green thumb, or a wither-and-die thumb? Any tips for me on keeping my new herbs alive? =)

Popular posts from this blog

The Dangers And Benefits Of Coffee For Our Health, Facts That We Should Know

Corn Nutritional Value & Health Benefits As Low Calories Source Of Carbohydrate

Some Of Asthma Causes and Symptoms That You Probably Not Know