Pasta and New TV Shows, Part Two

Life has been pretty much the same - audition, work out, look for acting jobs, watch new TV shows, repeat. I've eaten more Indian-Spiced Yellow Split Pea Soup, brussels sprouts, salads, and Instant Colcannon. I even made two brussel sprout converts at TJ's the other day. Score.

On Tuesday night I went to a friend's house to watch Boardwalk Empire and Glee and they sent me home with some salsa and guacamole. I mixed it with assorted greens to create a salad o' leftovers.


I also made some PastaSlim noodles (like Shirataki noodles) made of tofu that I've had in the fridge for a while. I just heated them up with some garlic, two tomatoes, basil, and onion. It was good.



Part Two of my new TV reviews:

Outsourced (NBC): Many people thought this sitcom would be offensive because it deals with a business outsourcing to India. But who is it offensive to, Indians or laid-off Americans? I would say neither. I didn't find this show offensive at all and in fact I found it surprisingly charming and funny. Yes, there was an anti-vegetarian joke I didn't care for but I won't let that cloud my opinion of the whole show.

My Generation (ABC): This show flopped. It wasn't bad though - it was kind of ... average. I'm not sure I like the documentary style and I think the promotion was terrible (the billboards were such a ripoff of Parenthood!). It could get better, though. Rousing praise, I know.

Running Wilde (FOX): First, I just have to say that I can't stand that FOX made two shows (Raising Hope and Running Wilde) with such similar names and on top of that, scheduled them back-to-back. Grr. And I really didn't care for this show. I found it forced and unfunny and there is zero chemistry between Keri Russell and Will Arnett. And I do not like the little girl narrator. I will admit, though, that kid protagonists bug me in general so that could be part of the reason.

Undercovers (NBC): I wanted to like this because it's a JJ Abrams spy drama and I was obsessed with Alias. Unfortunately, it was just boring. I'm going to base part of the blame on the two leads, who I found unbelievably white bread. They're so generically good-looking and just "fine" and didn't capture my attention. I stand in complete opposition to the LA Times review, though, who said that the two leads were electrifying and carried the whole show. So it's all a matter of taste.

Terriers (FX): This show needs to see an improvement in the ratings and I hope people go watch it because it's really good! It's about two unlicensed private investigators and I think it was hurt by its terrible and confusing marketing that featured snarling dogs for no reason. But the leads are funny and have good rapport and the case is interesting. Thumbs up.

Detroit 1-8-7 (ABC): I liked it. I thought maybe a bit too much was made of Michael Imperioli's character's quirkiness. It was pleasantly average, I guess.

The Whole Truth (ABC): I really liked this show! It's a court procedural but it shows the defense and prosecution in detail so you're judging the proceedings along with the jury and you don't know whether the defendant is guilty or not. Thankfully, though, they did tell us at the very end which was nice because it would drive me a little crazy to never know who done it.

Better with You (ABC): It's a completely average sitcom. It's funny and nothing you haven't seen before. But I enjoyed it.

Premieres of recurring shows:

Fringe (FOX): So cool! I need to start watching this show.

30 Rock (NBC): Laughed my ass off. Alec Baldwin is perfect and Matt Damon's guest star was very funny, too. The writing on this show is so kick-ass. And Tracy Morgan is hilarious.

Community (NBC): I laughed! The show was funnier than I remembered from last year, which makes me think it has hit its stride.

The Middle (ABC): I laughed. It's a sitcom, it isn't realistic at all but it has some good moments.

Cougar Town (ABC): Funnier than I thought it would be, especially in light of its bad ratings so far this year even though it featured Jennifer Aniston.

Grey's Anatomy and Private Practice (ABC): I always watch these and they're the same. I love them and if you do, you still will.

This isn't quite all the new shows but it's the majority. I'm missing a couple CBS shows because they don't put their shows on Hulu. No, I won't keep watching all of these shows but now I'm excited to be on ratings watch!!

Links:
Kristens Raw Ebook Giveaway
http://www.hollabackhealth.com/2010/09/media-mishaps-the-biggest-loser/ An opinion on the TV show The Biggest Loser that I agree with.
http://www.loveveggiesandyoga.com/2010/09/give-away-for-6-all-natural-vegan-lip.html Averie's vegan lip balm giveaway!

Popular posts from this blog

The Dangers And Benefits Of Coffee For Our Health, Facts That We Should Know

Corn Nutritional Value & Health Benefits As Low Calories Source Of Carbohydrate

Some Of Asthma Causes and Symptoms That You Probably Not Know