Labor Day Weekend - Parsnip Fries and Babycakes Vegan Bakery!

Hellooo there, I hope you've all had a wonderful Labor Day weekend.

On Friday I spent several hours cooking! I made a gigantic jar of my super-awesome Indian-Spiced Split Pea Soup and I ate a lot of it this weekend. I actually just finished it today for breakfast! I made it pretty much the same way but I added at least a cup of fresh basil at the very end and it was a delicious addition.



I also made a nice serving of parsnip fries.

Parsnip Fries
2-4 parsnips
1/2 tsp chili powder
1/2 tsp paprika
1/2 tsp cumin
1/2 tsp salt

Wash parsnips and cut into fry shapes. Toss with seasonings and roast at 450 for 30 minutes. Make sure they're well-cooked enough or they'll be too tough.

Tip: Stick them in the fridge and eat them cold later. They taste even better this way, not sure why.



I had another audition on Friday, and on Saturday I went to a party and then to the bar Happy Ending. I stayed out really late and totally messed up my sleeping schedule but oh well!

Sunday I took the metro downtown to meet the Vegan Ladies meetup at Babycakes vegan bakery.



Everything at Babycakes is vegan and they also have lots of gluten-free and sugar-free options. I got a brownie and it was delicious.



It was also 99 cents and really tiny.



See? Pretty small. So I just ate it really, really slowly. Most people got cupcakes and I heard no complaints. For some reason I'm not a huge cupcake fan. I don't really like fluffy desserts, because I have no interest in eating air. If I'm going to eat dessert I want it to be thick and dense. I want to get my freakin' money and calories' worth, darn it! So if I have a choice between something ridiculously chocolatey and anything else, I'm picking fudgy ridiculousness every time.

Last night I hung out with friends and today I relaxed and watched Gilmore Girls before going to a free Chekhov-technique acting class. It was actually a lot of fun. I feel like there's a lot of pressure to pick an acting technique (Meisner is very popular here) but I haven't really clicked with anything. We'll see, maybe Chekhov will be for me. I liked what the teacher said - when everything is flowing and working, you don't need any technique. Technique is there to help inspire you, so however you find inspiration is great.

I'm excited about this week because I have two cool auditions - a Scientology industrial film on Wednesday and a Mandarin-teaching webseries on Friday. I guess that means I have an excuse to brush up my Chinese all week!

How did you spend your Labor Day weekend? What's your absolute favorite dessert - dense, light, chocolate, vanilla, lemon? Mine is probably really dense chocolate cake, Raw desserts, and chocolate chip cookies.

Popular posts from this blog

The Dangers And Benefits Of Coffee For Our Health, Facts That We Should Know

Corn Nutritional Value & Health Benefits As Low Calories Source Of Carbohydrate

Some Of Asthma Causes and Symptoms That You Probably Not Know