BBQ Millet-Stuffed Pattypan Squash

I have four auditions in four (week) days! I had an audition today for an educational video at the Scientology Celebrity Center, which was cool because it's a beautiful building and I never would have gone there otherwise. Then I have three more auditions tomorrow, Friday, and next Monday. I love being busy.

Last night I made something pretty fancy for dinner and I was proud of myself. When I was at Whole Foods the other day I saw a pretty pattypan squash and I figured it would just be wrong to go all summer without eating one. I stuffed it with a variety of veggies and some millet, a delicious new grain. Grains are so easy - just boil them with a little water and cook like rice until it tastes done.

BBQ Millet-Stuffed Pattypan Squash
1 pattypan squash
1/2 cup cooked millet
2 sundried tomatoes, chopped
1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped
1 carrot, chopped
1 stalk celery, chopped
1/4 yellow onion, diced
1 green onion, chopped
1/4 cup barbecue sauce (I used Trader Joe's KC BBQ sauce)
nutritional yeast topping

1) Cut top off squash and scoop out innards with a spoon, leaving at least 1/4 inch thick shell. Dice squash innards (sounds gross, right?)
2) Mix veggies and BBQ sauce and stuff into hollowed-out squash. (Optional - saute veggies first. I'm too lazy for that.)
3) Bake at 375 for 45 minutes.


Hollowed-out squash.

Mixing filling.

Before going in the oven.

All done!

I had some leftover filling so I made a pretty amazing veggie casserole. I added some extra broccoli, okra, and corn I had in the freezer and half a fresh beet, put it in a Corningware, and baked it at 375 for 30 minutes.



It was really good! And it's so easy to just cut up vegetables, flavor with BBQ sauce, and bake into a delicious casserole.

Right now as I type I'm somewhat watching the premiere of Hellcats on the CW. I try to watch an episode of every show on TV so that I'll know something about it if I meet someone who works on it. You want to work in TV, you should watch TV.

Are there any new fall shows you're excited about? Old favorites you're looking forward to coming back?

Links to Love:
http://www.turtleseatingthings.com/ It's exactly what it sounds like. It's cute.

Popular posts from this blog

The Dangers And Benefits Of Coffee For Our Health, Facts That We Should Know

Corn Nutritional Value & Health Benefits As Low Calories Source Of Carbohydrate

Some Of Asthma Causes and Symptoms That You Probably Not Know