Basil Eggplant

Aughh I spent so long in traffic today. I had an audition at 4 at USC which just was perfect timing for terrible traffic both ways. Including the hour I spent waiting for my two minute audition, I was gone for over three and a half hours.

This morning I worked out, spent time researching TV shows, and watched Lethal Weapon. I love Danny Glover. He's like my grandpa. Not like my actual grandpa, but he would be another one. Speaking of my real grandpa, he's going to go see Bloomington at the Tampa Gay and Lesbian Film Festival next month. That makes me happy. =)

For dinner I made a simple Thai recipe - Basil Eggplant.

I started with this strange eggplant:


And a bunch of Thai basil.




Basil Eggplant
1 Italian or two Asian eggplants
garlic
1 tsp red curry paste or red pepper flakes
1/2 bunch Thai basil, de-stemmed
Braggs
1 tsp sugar

Cut your eggplant into odd-sized chunks to make them easy to stir. Heat up garlic, add eggplant. Add about a cup of water, cover, and let cook until really soft and mushy - 10 to 20 minutes. Add remaining ingredients and stir basil through to heat. You can also add a tablespoon of rice wine vinegar. Serve over rice or by itself.

Popular posts from this blog

The Dangers And Benefits Of Coffee For Our Health, Facts That We Should Know

Corn Nutritional Value & Health Benefits As Low Calories Source Of Carbohydrate

Some Of Asthma Causes and Symptoms That You Probably Not Know