Six Bags of Brussels Sprouts. No Joke.

I made another Trader Joe's run yesterday to get more brussels sprouts.
And I got SIX BAGS.
It turns out brussels sprouts are an entire dollar per pound cheaper at TJ's than at Whole Foods or Ralph's. They cost $2.99/lb at WF and Ralph's and only $1.99/lb at TJ's. But it does drive me crazy that at TJ's they come in plastic bags and you can buy them in bulk at the other stores. Plus, TJ's is a little bit out of walking distance if you're carrying groceries. But a dollar a pound difference is just too huge. That means I saved six bucks. That's big money!

The cashier commented on my six bags of brussels and I told her that I just really love them, I eat them for dinner, and they're my favorite food. We both laughed that I'm probably the only person on the planet whose favorite food is brussels sprouts. But maybe there is someone, and I hope to meet that soulmate someday.

So here's my TJ's stash:


On the right you'll see some dark roast organic coffee that I have not had the chance to try yet. It is a few dollars cheaper than coffee at Ralph's or WF, though.

On the left you'll see something I was very excited about... marinated mushrooms! And no oil! Just vinegary, garlicky goodness. Much cheaper than buying a similar item at the Whole Foods olive bar.



I have tried these, and they are really tasty and good.

Highlights of my day:
I finished reading Biss zum Morgengrauen (Twilight in German) and started with Luna Nueva (New Moon in Spanish). I hope to find the next two maybe in French and Italian or German again. I'll keep an eye out on Craigslist and Ebay.

I walked to Cardio Barre to work out but they were full! Luckily the walk is half an hour each way so even without the class I still got a workout.

I bought my ticket to see Bloomington at Outfest! My movie is going to be playing at the Laemmle 5 on Sunset. That's a real gosh darn movie theater, folks.

Aaaand food diary for the day:
Breakfast: 1 sweet potato
Lunch: Brussels sprouts
Snack: More brussels sprouts, 1/4 c. black beans
Dinner: 1 zucchini of pasta with a couple spoonfuls of my Everything Kale pesto and some Rawmesan



Lovely, isn't it?

Popular posts from this blog

The Dangers And Benefits Of Coffee For Our Health, Facts That We Should Know

Corn Nutritional Value & Health Benefits As Low Calories Source Of Carbohydrate

Some Of Asthma Causes and Symptoms That You Probably Not Know