Is That Food... or Poison?

Food Diary:
Breakfast: Spinach salad w/ peach salsa and homemade Rawmesan
Lunch: Brussels sprouts w/ nooch
Dinner: Brussels sprouts, Spiced Carrot Puree, Cocoa Berries

I woke up at 6:30 this morning, pretty early. I wanted to do my Rosetta Stone Russian program, but it wasn't working on my computer. That's when I realized that I haven't used it yet on my new computer, so I would need to install the program. Except I apparently lost the installation CD! So I wrote to the company asking for a replacement and guess what - it costs TEN DOLLARS! WTF?!

Anyway, after my Rosetta Stone letdown, I got sweaty.

I worked out while watching Losing It with Jillian on Hulu. She went to a Native American reservation to help out a family and hopefully the entire community but she caused a stir when she thew away the fry bread they were serving at a picnic. People got pretty mad at her, saying that it's against their customs to throw away food. Fry bread is supposedly a Native American tradition, and it's pretty much deep-fried white dough. So of course I was thinking, "That's not food! And it's not really your tradition!" Finally one of the women admitted that fry bread was invented after her people had been forcibly removed from their land and given crap to eat. (And even then you can be sure they weren't using enriched bleached flour.) Finally Jillian said what I had been waiting to hear - "That's not food. It's poison."

THANK YOU, Jillian.

I think this all the time. Food is something that's supposed to nourish your body and sustain life. Most of what people eat nowadays isn't nourishing them and in the long run is killing them. Jillian continued to say that what was really being wasted wasn't the food she threw away - it was the lives of the people who were eating it.

This is one reason why I don't miss non-vegan food and it's so easy to stay vegan -- animal products are not food to me anymore. And I have no desire to eat non-food items.

I am DEMANDING. And I demand things from my food.
1) Nourish me. Give me the nutrients my body needs to live and thrive.
2) Don't kill me with heart disease, diabetes, and cancer.
3) Don't kill anyone else, either.
4) Satisfy me with good taste.

When did we decide that Twinkies are supposed to be food? They've got more chemicals than a tube of Chapstick. No, thank you.

We don't have to eat what the conglomerates are trying to force-feed us. Stand up for yourself! Care about yourself and your family enough to take care of yourself. Nobody else can do it for you, and no amount of pills can undo the damage you inflict upon yourself.

Junk food isn't food. It's crap. It's slow-acting poison. Animal products aren't food. They are the product of death and they lead to death. And I refuse to be a part of that cycle.

Popular posts from this blog

The Dangers And Benefits Of Coffee For Our Health, Facts That We Should Know

Corn Nutritional Value & Health Benefits As Low Calories Source Of Carbohydrate

Some Of Asthma Causes and Symptoms That You Probably Not Know