Homemade Rawmesan

I made myself an awesome salad for lunch yesterday and ended up having a similar version for both dinner last night and breakfast this morning.

There's arugula, spinach, carrot shreds, broccoli, red pepper, sugar snap peas, marinated mushrooms, onions, pineapple salsa, and Rawmesan.

I was getting pretty low on Rawmesan, so I decided to make some of my own. Here's what the stuff from the store looks like (Parm! looks similar).

The only ingredients are brazil nuts, nutritional yeast, Celtic sea salt, and herbs and spices. Parm! uses walnuts instead of brazil nuts. I had some leftover raw soaked and dehydrated brazil nuts, so I decided to make my own.

Homemade Rawmesan
Brazil nuts or walnuts
Nutritional yeast
Braggs or Celtic sea salt
Garlic (optional)
Italian seasoning

I chopped up the nuts roughly with my slap chopper so they wouldn't hurt my coffee grinder, then I put them in the grinder and processed into course grounds. I added a bunch of nooch, a bunch of Italian Seasoning, and a little Braggs and garlic for that clumpier texture.



It turned out really well! Next time I'll make it with a mixture of brazil nuts and walnuts to take out my selenium and Omega 3's in one fell swoop.

So there you have it, a delicious seasoning you can use a substitute for parmesan. Parmesan cheese does absolutely nothing for you nutritionally but Parm! gives you omega 3's and B12. Get your food to do something for you besides supplying taste.

So, food diary for yesterday:
Breakfast: Okra w/ barbeque sauce (I really needed to go to the grocery store)
Lunch: Salad
Dinner: Salad, lots of frozen blueberries

I vaguely considered taking a picture of my blue teeth after eating all those frozen blueberries, but then wisely decided against it.

Popular posts from this blog

The Dangers And Benefits Of Coffee For Our Health, Facts That We Should Know

Corn Nutritional Value & Health Benefits As Low Calories Source Of Carbohydrate

Some Of Asthma Causes and Symptoms That You Probably Not Know