Whoa, Dinner for Breakfast and Breakfast for Dinner!

We had pretty standard dinners growing up -- pasta night, and umm... pasta night... and do-it-yourself night, but the most special was always breakfast for dinner night. What?! Breakfast for dinner? But there are rules about these things!

Now that I've lived in China, I find American breakfast foods kind of funny. We're so particular about what we eat for breakfast - usually something carby, sugary, and devoid of nutrition, though for some reason, eggs and bacon are also acceptable to many. In China you pretty much eat for breakfast what you might eat for any other meal -- rice, vegetables, etc. There's a porridge called zhou (also called congee), but you can eat that for dinner, too, and it comes in sweet and savory varieties. So today, without really planning it, I switched my breakfast and dinner foods.

Breakfast: 1/2 can Amy's Tuscan Bean and Rice Soup
Lunch: 1 baked potato, 1/2 cup brussels sprouts
Dinner: 1 cup brussels sprouts, 2/3 sweet potato (cut into fries), and oatmeal.

I don't know why, I just didn't feel like eating oatmeal for breakfast, but it sounded good at dinner.

Anyone else a breakfast for dinner fan? Or even better, a dinner for breakfast eater?

Here's a picture of me in China with my favorite date zhou.

Popular posts from this blog

The Dangers And Benefits Of Coffee For Our Health, Facts That We Should Know

Corn Nutritional Value & Health Benefits As Low Calories Source Of Carbohydrate

Some Of Asthma Causes and Symptoms That You Probably Not Know