Olive Bar Splurge, The Tudors

Today was more than half raw. Not too shabby.

Breakfast: 1 very small baked potato
Lunch: Spinach salad w/ marinated mushrooms and balsamic onions
Snack: Mashed banana w/ cinnamon and oats
Dinner: Broccoli and mushroom stir-fry, carrot puree

My breakfast potato was flavored with garlic and onion seasoning and nutritional yeast. I bought this garlic and onion powder a few days ago and it's really tasty.



And the ingredients aren't too freaky, either. I was pretty weirded out by the ingredient labels on lots of the spice mixes at Ralph's. I settled on this one because it seemed tasty and wasn't full of chemical crap.



I've talked about nutritional yeast before in my B12 post, but I didn't show a picture. My Whole Foods used to only carry it in tubs in the vitamins and protein powder section, so I bought this tub. Now the bulk section carries nooch, though, so I can refill from there.





I had regretted buying things from the Whole Foods olive bar when I found out I spent about 8 bucks on it, but I have to admit I've really enjoyed eating salads with my olive bar ingredients. Here's the remainder of my olive bar stash and one bowl of my lunch salad (I had a couple bowls).




I watched the 1969 movie Midnight Cowboy while I made a broccoli and mushroom stir-fry as well as two kinds of eggplant, which I'll discuss tomorrow. Midnight Cowboy was definitely a good movie, and different than I thought it would be. In case you haven't heard of it, it stars Jon Voight in a breakout role and Dustin Hoffman, who truly looks like shit (he's supposed to). It's kind of sad, because I hate movies where people's dreams get broken. Even when they're stupid dreams, like Voight's character's dream of being a "kept man."

For dinner I whipped up a version of Michal's carrot puree (her blog, Lil Earth Muffin, is on my blogroll). I just used three carrots, about 1/3 of a banana, a couple splashes of almond milk, and a bunch of cinnamon and a little bit of cloves. This is a very flexible recipe, though, and you could put in pretty much anything you like.



This keeps until at least the next day, no problem. I didn't eat it all.

Can you believe I didn't eat any brussels sprouts today? I know, it's ridiculous. It's because I ran out and I'll buy more tomorrow!

Last night I had a dream that I had to go back to work at the movie theater where I worked when I was 15-16. That's already FIVE years ago and yet I still have those dreams rather frequently. I think they're stress dreams. It's always that I get really poor and I have to go back to the craphole that was the movie theater job. Boo.

I finished watching The Tudors season two yesterday. Wow, it was stressful! So many people died. That show does a great job of not making anyone really good or bad -- all of the characters are mixed. Even Saint Thomas More torched a few heretics. Anne Boleyn is such an unsympathetic character through much of the show that you can't wait until she gets her comeuppance and yet when that time comes, you feel sorry for her. One theme I noticed that may or may not have been intentional was how people throw away their romantic partners as soon as it's not as fun anymore. Anne Boleyn was fun and sexy and exciting when they were dating, but after they got married she had responsibilities and pregnancies and she wasn't as fun anymore. So Henry VIII wanted to move on. It's really sad. But there was also a good message not to treat people poorly just because you think they can't hurt you. The Boleyn family was very mean to people they perceived to be powerless, but who eventually orchestrated their downfall.

I'm getting The Tudors season three in the mail tomorrow, and I'm looking forward to continuing the saga. It's just so gripping!

Popular posts from this blog

The Dangers And Benefits Of Coffee For Our Health, Facts That We Should Know

Corn Nutritional Value & Health Benefits As Low Calories Source Of Carbohydrate

Some Of Asthma Causes and Symptoms That You Probably Not Know