Tofu Scramble

Yesterday I had an audition in the morning, then got my oil changed. Yay! I have been meaning to do that for a while and it really felt good to get it done. While I was waiting I walked to Trader Joe's and picked up a few items -- mango salsa, which makes my salads that much more enjoyable, a tomato that did not end up being extremely tasty, and some seitan strips which were low-cal, very low fat, and low price. I'm not the biggest fan of TJ's in the world because I dislike how focused it is on packaged items, but when there are certain packaged items you need, it can be really good deal. For example, I picked up a jar of crushed garlic for about $1. Not bad.

After the oil change I met my friend for a hike in Runyon Canyon. I can see why it's so popular -- it's amazingly beautiful!!!

I had a big old salad in my new salad bowl, topped with mango salsa.


Today I didn't go to my Cardio Barre class because I was too sore and realized that not only do I need to break down my muscles, but I also need to let them heal. So I did some gentle yoga instead. I made a great tofu scramble with a pack of frozen and thawed firm tofu, some of the TJ's seitan strips, a tomato, some yellow pepper, a fresh artichoke, sundried tomato, kim chi, Braggs, oregano, cumin, turmeric, and a lot of spinach.



I ate about half for lunch and half for dinner. Here's my lunch, on my beautiful IU plate.


I had another audition tonight and then came home and watched FlashForward. It's a little silly but I like it.

I ran out of almond milk so I tried making my own for the first time. It was easy - I just blended about 10 almonds with a cup of water. I like to make everything lighter than recipes call for and I always cut the amount of nuts at least in half. I don't mind watery food. I strained through a nut milk bag and put my almond milk in a jar and my almond pulp in another jar and popped both in the fridge. When I buy more bananas I'll mix the almond pulp with a banana in the food processor and make "almond butter."

Popular posts from this blog

The Dangers And Benefits Of Coffee For Our Health, Facts That We Should Know

Corn Nutritional Value & Health Benefits As Low Calories Source Of Carbohydrate

Some Of Asthma Causes and Symptoms That You Probably Not Know