Some Non-Raw Food... and Cookies.

Yesterday was a day where I just tried to eat up everything left in my fridge, which included some non-raw food for the first time in about a month. For breakfast I ate a few oranges and then for lunch I made some miso soup with Shirataki noodles. I mostly ate the noodles because they had been in my fridge for a while and needed to be eaten. They were tasty, though, and I felt good after eating them. I certainly love raw food but I don't feel like other people do when they say, "Oh whenever I eat anything cooked I feel horrible." I feel pretty much the same as long as whatever I ate was healthy and I didn't eat too much of it. For dinner I had salad and nori rolls, which was a great way to use up my leftover produce. I also made cookies for the dinner party that I'm going to tonight. It was a good way to use up the flour and other ingredients I still had and which I can't really see myself using now that I'm eating predominantly raw. The cookies have whole wheat flour, Earth Balance, sugar, vanilla, cocoa powder, cinnamon, baking soda, chocolate chips, and oat groats (both ground up and whole). I then baked for about 13 minutes at 375. The reason I don't have a recipe is because I really bake by feel, adding ingredients until the texture is right. I really love baking, but it has to follow a two-step process: 1) Bake. 2) GIVE AWAY BAKED GOODS.



So tonight, I'll be going to a dinner party featuring a Native Foods vegan Wellington (a big deal in LA) and bringing these cookies.

The other day Bitt, from a Bitt of Raw, posted about her favorite sweeteners. One that she didn't include but that is a personal favorite of mine is blackstrap molasses. The reason I love molasses so much is because it has a very strong flavor, so you barely have to use any, and it supplies great nutrition like high levels of calcium and iron (I think 1 tablespoon of blackstrap molasses has about 40 calories and 20% RDA for both iron and calcium... there's also some good magnesium in there). The first time I tried molasses, I thought it was disgusting. But the flavor has grown on me -- but not toooo much. So that means I don't get obsessed with it, which is a good thing!

Popular posts from this blog

The Dangers And Benefits Of Coffee For Our Health, Facts That We Should Know

Corn Nutritional Value & Health Benefits As Low Calories Source Of Carbohydrate

Some Of Asthma Causes and Symptoms That You Probably Not Know