Salad and Yoga

I had a huuuge salad for dinner last night. It had lots of mixed greens (spinach, arugula, kale, chard, Italian mix, winter mix, and spring mix), cherry tomatoes, cultured veggies, pumpkin seeds, Rawmesan, goji berries, and my new raw sweet onion dressing.



That's the bowl from my salad spinner -- I ate all of that.



Plate #1 of my salad, post-adornment.

For dessert I had a banana mashed up with cinnamon and some shredded coconut and cacao nibs. It's a really satisfying dessert that is good to eat when you're still a little hungry and need something to help satisfy that urge to eat more.

This morning I woke up and did some yoga and went on a walk/skip outside -- skipping forwards, backwards, and sideways is just fun and silly but it's also a good workout.

I was thinking about the difference between yoga and all other types of exercise. When you do different yoga poses, the teacher makes comments like "This move is good for the liver" and "This is for your immune system." Now, I don't know if that really works, but I like the attitude of being focused inwards and on your general health. All other exercise is focused just on appearance -- this move is for your butt, this move will get rid of your arm jiggle. My mom always said that I should identify with my insides and make healthy choices based on taking care of my insides, regardless of what I look like outside. I think that's a healthy mindset and can keep you from getting too obsessed with every flaw of your body. I think yoga might be a good exercise practice for people with body image problems because of the emphasis on what you're doing for your organs, your various bodily systems, and your energy and mindset, not just on what muscle groups you're working.

Popular posts from this blog

The Dangers And Benefits Of Coffee For Our Health, Facts That We Should Know

Corn Nutritional Value & Health Benefits As Low Calories Source Of Carbohydrate

Some Of Asthma Causes and Symptoms That You Probably Not Know