Meetup at Vegan Village

I ate a lot of salad this weekend. A LOT. And then last night I got this CRAZY craving for seitan. I had been feeling it for a while but I didn't eat it because it isn't raw. But then, my love for seitan could not wait anymore and I did something I've never done before -- I actually drove to the grocery store just to pick up one item because I absolutely had to have it, right then. And it was really, really good. Yumyumyum.

I also had some miso/kim chi soup this weekend, which just meant I heated up some water for a minute in the microwave, then stirred in some miso and kim chi. Very sophisticated.


Today I went to Vegan Village Internet Cafe for lunch with a Meetup group full of people I had never met before. I had a great time and stayed so long that by the time I got home it was dinnertime. I just talked to people for a long time about a wide variety of stimulating topics. I love good conversation! I had this kale salad:


It was really tasty but I wished it was about twice that big. Most of the menu there is soul food and everyone seemed to really enjoy what they ordered. I did have a bite of the mac 'n cheese and the gumbo and both were fantastic.

I've also been doubling down on trying to find a literary agent, but I'm not having much luck. I wrote a book about traveling in Europe -- it's half travel narrative/half how-to guide. I have queried lots of agents who seemed to have similar interests and gotten some responses, but they all culminated in a "Good work, keep it up, it's just not right for me at this time" message. Too bad =( and very frustrating.

Tomorrow I have a callback for a short film in Marina del Rey. I haven't been down there yet, maybe they'll have a good beach for walking on!

I'll leave you with this really cute picture of my cousin Grace and my stepdad's dog Garvey - my mom sent it to me today b/c my aunt and uncle were visiting them this weekend.

ADORABLE!

Popular posts from this blog

The Dangers And Benefits Of Coffee For Our Health, Facts That We Should Know

Corn Nutritional Value & Health Benefits As Low Calories Source Of Carbohydrate

Some Of Asthma Causes and Symptoms That You Probably Not Know