Birthday Birthday Birthday

I went to Bloomington for my brother's 21st birthday last week, and I'm really glad I went. There was a bad part, though. He got in a motorcycle accident on the morning of his birthday and hurt his ankle, so he had to spend some time at the doctor and then use crutches. He's OK, and more concerned about his motorcycle than his own health. Thank God he always wears a helmet.

We went to an IU football game -- and IU won! Here's a picture of the tailgate:


I had a black bean burger and grilled onions. I ate grilled onions with a fork. Don't judge me.


Then we came home for dinner and presents. My mom made a vegan quiche!


I don't have the exact recipe, but she said she just searched for a quiche recipe using silken tofu, because that's all she had on hand. She used pre-made pie crust and sprinkled bread crumbs on top.


The bottom layer had TVP crumbles and vegan sausage, veggie layer had spinach and onions, and top layer had tofu mixture of silken tofu, Parm, sunflower seeds, and a little soy milk pureed in the blender. The recipe also called for some agave that we all agreed should be omitted next time. But it tasted great and I would definitely make this for company.



After dinner the birthday boy opened presents -- I got him the game Apples to Apples.


Mom made vegan chocolate cake! (Sorry this picture is messed up but I don't feel like figuring out how to fix it) Chocolate cake mix made with applesauce and Ener-G egg replacer and my mom made the frosting out of powdered sugar, Tofutti cream cheese, and Earth Balance. It was AMAZING.


And we went out drinking! I am holding a shot in this picture but I didn't actually drink it. I was the designated driver.



Lovely birthday that I'm glad I got to spend with my lovely brother.

Today I celebrated a whole NEW birthday -- my baby sister was born today! She doesn't have a name yet, but she's a baby and she's healthy. And my baby brother is turning two tomorrow. Happy birthday to all of my siblings!

Popular posts from this blog

The Dangers And Benefits Of Coffee For Our Health, Facts That We Should Know

Corn Nutritional Value & Health Benefits As Low Calories Source Of Carbohydrate

Some Of Asthma Causes and Symptoms That You Probably Not Know