If You Haven't Played It, You Haven't Made It

I am sore today pretty much everywhere, so I decided that today would be a good day to take off from weight lifting. I have some very interesting sore muscles in my butt and legs that I think came from my weird sideways-running exercises that were inspired by basketball warmups.

After my morning workout I headed out for my two auditions! (I did shower first...) For the first one, I played a 16-year-old band geek. The script was super cute (a little "Freaks and Geeks") and I was so excited when I realized I owned the perfect shirt to wear:


This was my dad's shirt, so I'm pretty sure it's really old.

The audition went great. But I was a little early and they got me in early and then I just had time to kill. I was on the AFI campus, which is a gorgeous little campus adjacent to Griffith Park on a hill overlooking Los Angeles. It was super clear today and I didn't want to leave so I just walked around the campus for 45 minutes or so, dawdling and talking on the phone.

I drove over near my next audition and I still had tons of time so I stopped in Buffalo Exchange to look at shorts. It is so freaking hot today -- 90 or so, with no clouds -- and I don't own a single pair of shorts. I didn't find any I liked so it seems I will remain shortless a while longer.

I was still almost an hour early but I went over to my next audition. I was playing a 1980's punk who hates high school, so I busted out my Sex Pistols God Save the Queen t-shirt!


I don't dress in a costume for auditions (that's gimmicky and silly), but I like to wear something that feels like the character might wear.

The audition went really well, but I found out the shoot dates are next week when I'll be in Kansas visiting my dad, which wasn't clear when I got the audition notification. I would change my travel plans if necessary, because work comes first, and the project is super cool. But I'm a little bummed just at the prospect because I realized today... I really need to go see my family.

I spend a lot of time by myself. That doesn't bother me, but every now and then I do feel this emptiness and nostalgia for my teenage years living at home. This feeling was only exacerbated by watching the first episode of the 5th season of Friday Night Lights, which premiered on Friday but I caught up with on Hulu today. I love Friday Night Lights -- it's really an incredible show, and I almost want to cry just hearing the opening music. But FNL celebrates three things: family, small towns, and football. FNL is set in Texas but it feels so similar to Indiana. I really love LA and I'm definitely a city girl but there's a part of me that gets nostalgic for small-town life, living with my family, and long-term relationships. I also miss high school and college football! I spent eight years going to football games. Man, that makes me feel old.

On a side note... I'm a little bummed because I feel like FNL is slightly ruined for me now, because I know one of the actors on the show (who just joined for the last season). We were friends in high school but he won't talk to me now - he even unfriended me on Facebook - and I have no idea why. I know I'm way too sensitive about things like that, but it bothers me so much that I don't like seeing him on the show. (BTW, I won't say who it is, so don't ask)

So, feeling a little frustrated and sad, I just went for a run. It helped.

Oh, and extra bummer? I got my first parking ticket ever today. I parked in a spot and I checked the signs and I was fine -- but I didn't see that there was a meter. There was a big truck obscuring it so I didn't even realize it was a meter spot. I was bummed but I just went ahead and paid it online because I want it to be over with and I don't want to stress about it.

But I guess I should counteract that story and say that I did get my SAG (Screen Actors Guild) letter in the mail today, saying that I'm officially SAG-Eligible. I was already considering myself SAG-E, just waiting for the paperwork to go through, and it turns out it was taking so long because SAG has no idea how to spell my name. Apparently my name is Erika HeideWold. Baller.

Food Diary:
Breakfast: Cracklin' Oat Bran with almond milk
Lunch: 2 servings edamame
Dinner: 1 bowl broccoli slaw, broccoli, and cauliflower; pumpkin with peanut flour and stevia

Exercise:
Morning: 20 minutes bike
20 minutes dance

Evening: 20 minutes walk/jog/run
15 minutes bike
stretching

Tomorrow I'll post my reflections after three weeks of Operation Pump It Up.

Popular posts from this blog

The Dangers And Benefits Of Coffee For Our Health, Facts That We Should Know

Corn Nutritional Value & Health Benefits As Low Calories Source Of Carbohydrate

Some Of Asthma Causes and Symptoms That You Probably Not Know