Airplane Travel and Trip to the Dentist

I'm back in LA! First I had to leave this little guy:
Ughh, break my heart.
BTW, he's eating his snack on the windowsill, like a stand-up cafe! Isn't that so cute? I love it.

I spent most of yesterday in airports, from about 1PM to 9PM Pacific time. But before I left I ate a big bowl of broccoli with a little leftover split pea soup:

Flavored with some of this crazy stuff I found in my dad's fridge:

It's like spicy jelly!

I also had two Amy's bistro burger patties before I left -- I managed to eat all of the food I bought for the week. Proud of myself.

In the airport and on the airplanes I ate my snacks I packed -- a sliced red bell pepper, a serving of edamame, and three small oranges. I actually thought the oranges were bigger but once I peeled them they kind of resembled clementines. I was pretty hungry by the time I got home so I ate some pumpkin with peanut flour and stevia, a favorite sweet snack of mine.

Moving on to today! I started out the day with a good workout.

Exercise:
10 minutes bike
Weights: biceps, triceps, abs, obliques
25 minute walk

Still taking it easy on the cardio front, and I will continue to do so for a couple more days. I'm also not really working my leg muscles because surprise, surprise, everything connects to your butt and I just really don't want to aggravate that muscle. Urgh.

I had a dentist appointment today, my first one since moving to LA. Yes, I've been a bit lax in that department. But I do take great care of my teeth -- I brush at least twice a day, I don't really eat sugar, and I floss every day and I always have. So the dentist said my teeth look great! He also said they're the perfect shade of white. Yay! Oh, and... my dentist is really good-looking. I wanted to tell him he's the best-looking dentist I've ever seen but I decided that might make him uncomfortable. But in general I do like to spread the compliments because you never know when somebody hasn't heard it before.

After my appointment I went to Target. I had a nice gift card and I bought myself two dresses! I really need more non-pants options and I didn't have any luck with shorts. Shorts all seem to be either too tiny or too frumpy and mom-ish. No, thanks. But no fear, you will see those dresses this Fashion Friday.

I stopped into TJ's to get some provisions and came home just long enough to put my groceries away when I decided to go to a TAN event. So I shoved a little food in my mouf and scurried out the door to hear a TV director talk. And now I have to go to bed because I have to get up early!

Food Diary:
Pre-Workout: Coffee
Breakfast: Veggie bowl - lentils, broccoli slaw, broccoli, spinach, nooch
Lunch: Dr. Praeger's veggie burger
Dinner: Spinach salad with beets, sauerkraut, sweet hot mustard, and balsamic vinaigrette; 2 servings edamame
Snack: Pumpkin with peanut flour and stevia and hemp protein powder

Tomorrow I'm working on the set of a short film all day as a PA (Production Assistant). An acquaintance posted on Twitter that they were looking for some help so I volunteered. That's just what I do -- whenever anyone says they need help with something, I say I can do it. The only bad part is the waking up early, and that I won't have enough time to get a good workout in. But I am going to wake up extra early so I can at least lift some weights!

I gotta ask -- do you floss every day? I wonder how many people do. So no judgments, just curiosity! I do floss every day, with very few exceptions. It's a habit and I would feel weird skipping it.

Popular posts from this blog

The Dangers And Benefits Of Coffee For Our Health, Facts That We Should Know

Corn Nutritional Value & Health Benefits As Low Calories Source Of Carbohydrate

Some Of Asthma Causes and Symptoms That You Probably Not Know